SASS Wire Forum

The Powers That Be *

With the recent announcement at Comic Con this past Friday that Natalie Portman will be playing a female THOR in an upcoming 2021 Marvel Movie titled "Thor: Love and Thunder", it got me thinking about all the superpowers that have been lovingly bestowed upon those in the Comic Book world.

If you could have just one superpower, what would that be?

* In idiomatic English, "the powers that be" is a phrase used to refer to those individuals or groups who collectively hold authority over a particular domain. 

4 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

With the recent announcement at Comic Con this past Friday that Natalie Portman will be playing a female THOR in an upcoming 2021 Marvel Movie titled "Thor: Love and Thunder", it got me thinking about all the superpowers that have been lovingly bestowed upon those in the Comic Book world.

If you could have just one superpower, what would that be?

* In idiomatic English, "the powers that be" is a phrase used to refer to those individuals or groups who collectively hold authority over a particular domain. 

Freedom from idiots, especially on the highways and in grocery stores.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

The only thing I can think of worse than a female Thor is a female James Bond 007...

Next will be Wonderman or Catman....

Society - turning males into females and vice versa - SMH.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Another good reason we don't support the liberal leftist movie industry. Most of its liberal propaganda FANTASY!

Now I gotta get off the wire and check on my costume clothes for this weekends shoot :lol:

18 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

The only thing I can think of worse than a female Thor is a female James Bond 007...

598754443_IAgree.JPG.53760e1a927da0e369041bb2a981a75e.JPG

In modern day America the most powerful superhero in the entire comics-to-movies universe would be "Common Sense Man"

He would show up and say things like...

"put your coat on dumb-ass"

"where is your umbrella"

Superhero movies are adaptations of the comic books, the main characters constantly change and get reboots. They have had female Thor's in the comics. At some point, Thor became unworthy to wield Mjolnir, and it sat on the moon until Earth was invaded by frostgiants and a human female was found worthy.  These will run for a while, then they reboot and go back to the more traditional character again.

Oh, and there actually was a Wonderman too:

And --- if I could have one superpower, I don't know, maybe to read minds or see the future. 

Wonder_Man_Vol_1_1_9268.jpg

61HxFC31HvL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

NOTE:

X-Ray Vision is out as a possible super power.

That has been accomplished already. :P

1356314804_X-RayGlasses.jpg.358b9ddf43bf4869c34e5b10a61650eb.jpg

*sigh*  I guess I need to uphold my Geekdom.

Jane Foster (Thor's Midguard hook-up/girlfriend because in the MCU being married to Sif would just be too complicated or something) took up the mantle in the 2014 when Thor Odinson learned the "Origional Sin" secret from Nick Fury and lost the capability of weilding Mjolnir.  (Remember that in the MCU, "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.").  Jane picked it up and was, of course, found worthy (But then so has Beta Ray-Bill, Captain America and even Hulk and Deadpool...).  Things get murky for the next 4 years or so until the cancer that Jane refused to treat (she had it before she picked up the hammer) because she's too busy being Thor, and it finally kills her.  And because nobody ever really dies in a comic book, she comes back as the first of the new Valkyries somehow...  (I haven't been reading comics like I used to, so I may have missed a few things.  This is just based on what I've seen on my Kindle...)

By the way, in case you didn't know, Marvel Comics are really soap operas for young teen boys on paper...

Archived