SASS Wire Forum

New Jedi Gunfighters Inducted

Blackwater 53393

This past Friday, at Ponderosa Pines, while participating in The Black Gold Shootout, Cactus Red and Uncle Ethan were inducted into the ranks of the Jedi Gunfighters.

On Saturday, we added Missouri Lefty, our Gunfighter World Champion and a fine young man, to our ranks as well!!

Somewhere near thirty Jedi were in attendance to welcome our new brothers.

Blackwater,

A special THANK YOU to you, Korupt Karl, TN Tombstone, Jackalope, Billy the Avenger,  and others

for taking the lead and getting some of these presentations made at Black Gold.

ALSO, there were 4 other new JEDI's across the country.

Here is the complete list of our latest JEDI GFer's.

#285     Curly Bill Kelly     TN

#286     Cactus Red          TN

#287     Uncle Ethan         TN

#288     Shadrac                 New Mexico

#289     Gridlock McLeod     New Mexico

#290     Missouri Lefty        Planet Krypton

#299     Chuck Would       New Hampshire (?)  (this number is not out of place.  #299 was given

because it matches the last 3 digits of his SASS number.

Congrulations to all these.   WELL DESERVED.

P.S. - its been a busy month checking out resumes, etc..... 

..........Widder

Here’s a picture of Jedi’s when Missouri Lefty was given his Jedi pin!

Here’s the picture I was wanting to post. 

E308EF1A-566D-4D7B-8CF1-784FA7171451.jpeg

An ever growing and imminently worthy group.

I was honored years ago to be accepted as a Jedi - and then honored again as Jedi of the year.

The Jedi title is recognition not solely of skill; but of the shooters effort, dedication and willingness to give of theirself to fellow shooters and to the game itself.

I have been infinitely blessed by my affiliation, interactions and friendships within the Jedi community.

I hope every one of these new Jedi are able to enjoy the same opportunities that being a Jedi has presented to me.

Welcome fellow Jedi.

4 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

The Jedi title is recognition not solely of skill; but of the shooters effort, dedication and willingness to give of theirself to fellow shooters and to the game itself.

Well stated JEDI Creeker.     

Do you have a pic of your 'JEDI GF of the YEAR 2018'  belt buckle?

..........Widder

Welcome, Jedi’s. Congratulations.

Proud to know 6 of the 7 of these fine fellers.

They will all make outstanding Jedi's.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats to all!! Welcome to the Jedi's!!!

Is it me or is the number of Gunfighters in general growing like crazy??!!! It's awesome!!

The force is strong!!!

20 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Congrats to all!! Welcome to the Jedi's!!!

Is it me or is the number of Gunfighters in general growing like crazy??!!! It's awesome!!

The force is strong!!!

Howdy Bubba.

I think its 'perception' because nowadays,  the 'Sponsors' of a new JEDI (Sponsors are mostly present JEDI's who

nominate another GF) prefer to keep their 'nominee' pending until a larger match is available to make

the JEDI presentation.

As in the case of the recent group I listed above, some of those had been pending a short while and one of

them was originally going to be recognized later this year but the Sponsor requested permission to

make the recognition at Black Gold.

Sometimes, and I should say often, some recognition of new JEDI's are kept secret and pending

for up to 6 months.

If you look at our website, Jedi #291 is 'Pending' at this time.     Sometimes, those 'Pending'

new JEDI's will accumulate and be recognized all in the same weekend.

As of this time, we are barely under 300 JEDI.    For the most part, I can say its a list

of recognition of Pards who have contributed to SASS/CAS in various means, along with

excercising a 'reasonable' ability to shoot GF safely.

Hope this info helps answer your question.

Keep em smoking!

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Bubba.

I think its 'perception' because nowadays,  the 'Sponsors' of a new JEDI (Sponsors are mostly present JEDI's who

nominate another GF) prefer to keep their 'nominee' pending until a larger match is available to make

the JEDI presentation.

As in the case of the recent group I listed above, some of those had been pending a short while and one of

them was originally going to be recognized later this year but the Sponsor requested permission to

make the recognition at Black Gold.

Sometimes, and I should say often, some recognition of new JEDI's are kept secret and pending

for up to 6 months.

If you look at our website, Jedi #291 is 'Pending' at this time.     Sometimes, those 'Pending'

new JEDI's will accumulate and be recognized all in the same weekend.

As of this time, we are barely under 300 JEDI.    For the most part, I can say its a list

of recognition of Pards who have contributed to SASS/CAS in various means, along with

excercising a 'reasonable' ability to shoot GF safely.

Hope this info helps answer your question.

Keep em smoking!

..........Widder

Howdy Widder..

Thanks for the info but I was talking just in general. Not so much the Jedi numbers.

We often host close to 25-30% of the shooters being some sort of Gunfighters at Tusco at our monthly matches. Just seems like the Gunfighter category has become very popular lately. Could just be because I pay more attention to it since I switched to GF a handful of years ago..

Make sense though.. shooting Gunfighter is the most fun!!!

Hey Bubba.

Honestly, I have no doubt that some shooters have joined the GF ranks with the goal of being

a future JEDI.     A lot of shooters have indeed switched because of the FUN factor and the 

challenges shooting GF impose.

As for "challenged GFer's",  the OUTLAW GFer's have taken it to a much higher challenge when they 

shoot their pistols from the hip.   Although I don't shoot in that manner, I must admit I think its

probably the most challenging manner to shoot.   It would kinda be an oxymoron called:  Outlaw Jedi.

Some of those Outlaw GFer's really possess 'The Force'.

..........Widder

Thanks to Scarlett and Hellbender for the photos!!

As Widder said, some have perhaps begun to shoot gunfighter for the possible recognition, others for the challenge, still others just for the fun of it.  I myself began shooting Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter to support those who sought to elevate it to a recognized SASS category. Several of them were close friends and invited me to join them.  I still pull both pistols on occasion, 'cause it's fun and because it lets me make double the smoke, quicker and louder!!

Although my right hand has become more disabled of late, I plan to come back from time to time with both pistols blazing, probably from the hip and with a grin on my face. 

I'm proud to have been chosen as a Jedi.  I'm in truly elite company!!

17 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I'm proud to have been chosen as a Jedi.  I'm in truly elite company!!

^^^^ THERE YOU GO! ^^^^

Archived