SASS Wire Forum

Castle Gate Robbery

Creeker, SASS #43022

Another Castle Gate Robbery - Utah State Championship is in the books.

Fargo Kid, Wolf of North Springs and the entire Castle Gate executive team put on a great experience.

Thursday brought:

Side match day with a full slate of options

22 pistol and rifle

Pocket Pistol and Derringer

Speed pistol, rifle and shotgun

Long range pistol and rifle

Long range rifle caliber events as well

Plus an available hot lunch...

Add in the nearly all knockdown target Fastest Cowboy/ Cowgirl event - testing speed, accuracy and power factor...

And side match day was a blast.

Main match brought two days and 10 stages of entertaining stories that engaged and supported the stage design.

Interesting shooting sequences and movement.

Challenging, but expected, target distances.

Again hot breakfast and lunches available.

All shot within the charming box canyon range of Castle Gate Town.

Gorgeous permanent facades and building fronts that flow together and form a visual and cohesive town and give the feeling of actually being transported to the old west.  All the while being less than 50 yards from running water and flush toilets.

Saturday night brought an off range banquet in the picturesque town of Price.   Prime rib and fixin's professionally prepared and catered.

Costume awards, category placements, state championships, spirit of the game and clean shooters were all recognized with cheers and appreciation.

And like all fun matches; it was over too soon.

So, this morning, Desert Scorpion and myself climb into our truck; tired and sunburned and anticipating our next 7 hours on the road - we say...

To everyone who has not attended; you should.

And to everyone that worked so hard for our fun; thank you.

Lord willing; Desert Scorpion and I will be back next year.

See you on the Boardwalks. 

Having been "away" from the game for some time, Tira Todo and I were very impressed with the level the Castle Gate Posse have reached in their efforts to make an enjoyable shooters match, we thought it to be a fair variety of size and distance and Wolf's odd orders etc. 

7 guns as door prizes, including a  73, an 87 and an Evil Roy Henry .22(I wanted that one real bad). 

If ya missed it, plan on it next year. I am sure they are still looking to improve their game and it will be a great one. 

We will be " on the boardwalk" an hope y'all will be there too.

Doc Nelson

Thank You, El Juez.  I'm truly overwhelmed by my good fortune and appreciate all the help that Posse 4 gave me.

The Castle Gate Posse is one of those hidden gems one finds only rarely.  One of those organizations that give back 110% to the sport and the cowboy way.

To all of the Castle Gate Posse and those cowboys that helped.  Thank You for a great experience and a wonderful match.

With respect

Twelve Mile Reb and Pat     

Archived