SASS Wire Forum

Complications...probably having surgery in the AM

Pat Riot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red Eye Jim said:

Take your time and get well.  Think you'll make it up to Canby next year?

No. I don’t think so. 

My mom worked in ER and would not let us get a motorcycle or a mini-bike like the other kids. She said they were too dangerous so we got an ATC -90 with th ballon tires. Much safer choice. Get well soon Pat

ATC90.PNG

On 7/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Contrary to popular opinion I will not be getting rid of my bike. Thank you for your concerns. Bike’s in the shop getting fixed. And yes, I did have a crash 2 years ago. 

Don't take this the wrong way. I have long said that if I ever die doing something I love and want to be doing, then I couldn't ask for a better way to go. If your motorcycle, and riding, is something you are that passionate about, I wouldn't dream of telling you not to. 

2 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

My mom worked in ER and would not let us get a motorcycle or a mini-bike like the other kids. She said they were too dangerous so we got an ATC -90 with th ballon tires. Much safer choice. Get well soon Pat

ATC90.PNG

Ever have it roll up the back of your calves when putting your feet down? Hurts, don’t it? ;)

1 hour ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

How are your ribs feeling?

Oh, they are still sore and letting me know they are healing but still un-healed nearly every moment of the day. Thank God for Opioids!...and Gabapentin. :D

Thank you for asking. :)

Bright side! Without the surgery my pain would have gone on for months. This pain will just be around for weeks. ;)

It doesn’t sound so great when I say it out loud.

Pat, I just had a cracked rib when I was a young man and just blinking my eyes hurt like the dickens!!!  I can't imagine what your discomfort level must the at...:unsure:

Praying still you get better soon...

....or we'll have to shoot you.

12 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

...or we'll have to shoot you.

:lol:

If you have to, please use a .45...no “gamer” loads, please.  :D

I fractured four ribs in 2018. It really hurt for a while. I thought it was a pulled muscle until I had a MRI and the report said I had four fractured ribs that had healed.

It seems that fractures shouldn't hurt so bad. Not true, I fractured a humerus once too. It really hurt bad for weeks.

Archived