SASS Wire Forum

Complications...probably having surgery in the AM

Pat Riot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!!  That sounds painful.  If you were my horse I'd just shoot you.  But since you're not my horse, I pray that God grants you a quick recovery and that the medical folks know what they are doing.  Get better soon our friend.  Prayers will continue to go up.

Well, the surgery seems to have been a success. I have stinging pain at the incision points but overall I am doing better. I am off the morphine and just taking Norco, Naproxen Sodium. I think I need some Gabapentin for the incision stinging but that is easy enough to get from the nurse.

They removed the drain tube from my side and disconnected me from everything except the monitor that does O2, heart rate and BP.

I get to go home tomorrow :D

Contrary to popular opinion I will not be getting rid of my bike. Thank you for your concerns. Bike’s in the shop getting fixed. And yes, I did have a crash 2 years ago. Both incidents were caused by individuals that shouldn’t have licenses and probably shouldn’t be trusted to ride a bus.

Someone asked me if I plan to sue this lady. I have not made a decision yet but I am leaning towards “no”. Now, if she gets silly and does the traditional California thing and sues me, well, the gloves will come off. I have it all on video. She clearly messed up. I am still waiting on the police report. 

It looks like I will be off work the rest of this week and next. 

The sad thing is I still need to get my wrist operated on...

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, the surgery seems to have been a success. I have stinging pain at the incision points but overall I am doing better. I am off the morphine and just taking Norco, Naproxen Sodium. I think I need some Gabapentin for the incision stinging but that is easy enough to get from the nurse.

They removed the drain tube from my side and disconnected me from everything except the monitor that does O2, heart rate and BP.

I get to go home tomorrow :D

Contrary to popular opinion I will not be getting rid of my bike. Thank you for your concerns. Bike’s in the shop getting fixed. And yes, I did have a crash 2 years ago. Both incidents were caused by individuals that shouldn’t have licenses and probably shouldn’t be trusted to ride a bus.

Someone asked me if I plan to sue this lady. I have not made a decision yet but I am leaning towards “no”. Now, if she gets silly and does the traditional California thing and sues me, well, the gloves will come off. I have it all on video. She clearly messed up. I am still waiting on the police report. 

It looks like I will be off work the rest of this week and next. 

The sad thing is I still need to get my wrist operated on...

I'd clean the bike up, have it bronzed, and park in the middle of my sun room.

Here’s a quick snap shot of my x-ray showing the bridge plating on ribs 6-9 on the left side near my spine. 

18A13BEE-7886-454C-B13A-7EF1A6CAF939.thumb.jpeg.a9caffc4f2717462593e31acb910bce0.jpeg

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this.  I've had broken ribs from college football and wrestling, but nothing like what you're having to endure.  I remember it was incredibly painful to even breath.  I can't imagine the pain you're going through.

Heal well and sell that bike!  It'll give you some extra cash to buy some more firearms. 

Pat:

Glad you are back to your ol' self again.

Heard your surgery went well despite....

529954948_Slowduringsurgery.png.31613e70ea62304ae2cc9ae7812a205f.png

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Here’s a quick snap shot of my x-ray showing the bridge plating on ribs 6-9 on the left side near my spine. 

18A13BEE-7886-454C-B13A-7EF1A6CAF939.thumb.jpeg.a9caffc4f2717462593e31acb910bce0.jpeg

I wonder if you'll"BEEP" going through the airport scanner?

My radioactive seed implants triggered some questions when the radiation detector "Beeped" when I crossed the border into the US last month.

24 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I wonder if you'll"BEEP" going through the airport scanner?

My radioactive seed implants triggered some questions when the radiation detector "Beeped" when I crossed the border into the US last month.

I don't know. I doubt it. I don’t set them off now...or up to this point. :D

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don't know. I doubt it. I don’t set them off now...or up to this point. :D

Your Doc has a document you can carry with you for just that reason.

Do what the Docs say, and enjoy the pain meds...........

OLG

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Your Doc has a document you can carry with you for just that reason.

Do what the Docs say, and enjoy the pain meds...........

OLG

You mean I shouldn’t scream “You’ll never take me, Copper!” and then make a bee line for the day exit?

42 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I think would then become a lead magnet........^_^

OLG

Oh no, Man...I am fast! :ph34r:

Going home is good!
Bed's more comfortable, food's better!

You've already gotten the free advice I was thinking of.

Can't think of anything intelligent to add so I'd better quit while I"m ahead!

11 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Going home is good!
Bed's more comfortable, food's better!

You've already gotten the free advice I was thinking of.

Can't think of anything intelligent to add so I'd better quit while I"m ahead!

It is very good to be home. Thank you. :)

So you want me to save a space on posse two on Sunday?:P. Glad you’re home PR.

Just now, Yul Lose said:

So you want me to save a space on posse two on Sunday?:P. Glad you’re home PR.

Hahaha...no, I think not. :D

Glad you made it home.  Now to recover, and get the bike fixed.

When you start riding again Watch Out for Idiots! 

There sure are a lot of them.

Duffield

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You mean I shouldn’t scream “You’ll never take me, Copper!” and then make a bee line for the day exit?

They'll never take me alive, Pat, and I won't let them take you alive, either.

I mean WTH are friends for?

Good news Pat, Glad to hear surgery went well. I hear you on the bike, had two idiot caused accidents myself. Still riding, but it is somewhat more difficult with my non working right rotator cuff. So long as my hand doesn't fall off the handlebars, I'm good to go!:D

Get well Pard.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Heck!  I would  have already shot you. ;):P:lol:

Pat - it's refreshing to see you still have the desire to ride. 

For much of the last four years I've not had the desire. I'd ride to work a few times a month but would not be comfortable. Even considered trading the bike in on a nice convertible sports car on more than one occasion. 

I've started riding it more the last two months and even took the MSF Advanced Riding Course last month. 

A job offer in the last few months also has me wanting to get more proficient on two wheels - just in case we can negotiate terms that will get me to accept. More on that when and if it happens. Otherwise, I'll continue to ride it around here. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I beg to differ. That wasn't opinion. It was loving or friendly advice.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I beg to differ. That wasn't opinion. It was loving or friendly advice.

And I thank you for it. :)

I do appreciate it very much.

What I need is an Idiot Detector. But I am afraid it would overload and self destruct. :D

I used to have a great idiot detection system. I looked for cell phone antennas... that is no longer an option.

Archived