SASS Wire Forum

Red Or White?

Yul Lose

There have been pretty good cherries around here this year and the price has been pretty good too. Usually the white or Rainier cherries are about double the price of the red bing type but yesterday at my favorite market the Rainiers were $1.99lb I don’t recall them being that cheap here in the past. I bought a couple of pounds and they sure are good. What’s your favorite? Red or white?

Two, three years back I noticed some red cherries in my local Publix for $2.99 a pound. Bought some. Not bad. I'd never had fresh cherries before. Had dried ones, and cherry-flavored stuff, but never cherries.

About a month later I saw some Ranier cherries. $5.99 a pound.

I have no idea what they taste like.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Rainer Cherries YUM YUM Bestest

Mrs. Lose just got back from Costco with two more boxes.:D.

Deer camp owners down the way from us soak big red Michigan cherries in moonshine for a couple years. A staple of deer camp!

Been eating red Bing cherries since I was a kid.  Never knew about Rainier white cherries until my wife brought home a bag of them last week.  Very tasty! :P

If you can get to a Costco and they have the Rainier cherries, get some. They are delicious.

We are blessed to get wonderful sweet Cherries here in Michigan varieties in Ulster, Gold, Emperor Francis types - delicious. We have the tarts too - Balaton and Montmorency.   

GG ~ :FlagAm:

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

There are white cherries??

Saw some in HEB and wondered what was wrong with them...

For you non Texans...HEB (The Hispanic Employment Bureau) is our largest grocery chain.

Archived