SASS Wire Forum

COLT Peacemaker Centennial SOLD

I have a fantastic 1873-1973 Colt Peacemaker Centennial for sale. What is great about this one is that when I got it it had been shot so I bought it as a shooter but actually only shot it a few times and only then in a single match. As you may know these guns are true second generation Colts and are faithfully correct in most ways to a a US Cavalry Colt.  Chambered in 45 Colt of course.

You will not regret taking it to the next match as it has a great action job by Curly Bill Kelly here in TN.

$ 1775

plus domestic shipping

River Jordan  SASS 18742

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

There are some really knowledgeable Colt folks that believe this model is the very best 2nd gen Colt every made, and easily rivals the first gens. I just bought one a few weeks ago, or I’d be all over it, especially considering how long it took me to find mine. Now if it were the mate in 44-40.....

It was Mike Venturino that declared the Peacemaker Centennials to be the most accurately made  blackpowder models....maybe the best period of all Colt SAA's.  There is a Shooting Times article somewhere to that effect.   When you examine one you see why he said that....I sure like mine.

5 hours ago, levi littleton said:

I'd think a guy would want a pair of the Colt's 1873 in 45.  Hard to find one.  Even harder to find 2 :)  Nice gun!

I think a true match for these guns is the other being the 44wcf in nickel. Two definitely makes a nice match though

5B5F504A-2975-4EFF-8556-0713C2BC59C5.jpeg

I actually have a 2008 Frontier six shooter that is basically the same as the 1973 guns except in blue and CC. It was tuned by Bob Munden and I have all the papers including the test target he shot with it   

On 7/21/2019 at 7:02 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

There are some really knowledgeable Colt folks that believe this model is the very best 2nd gen Colt every made, and easily rivals the first gens. I just bought one a few weeks ago, or I’d be all over it, especially considering how long it took me to find mine. Now if it were the mate in 44-40.....

Come on, you know you need another one!  :D.  

(I still have 2  7-1/2  .45s in nickel for my "bling" fix... But I had to really pause and think about this one)

3 hours ago, River Jordan, SASS 18742 said:

Is there No interest or is NO funds?

I’m sure there is plenty of interest. It’s a bit of a niche market though. As I said before, those are perhaps the best version of single actions colt ever made. Shooters want them for that certainly, but tend to spend less. Collectors want them too, but then they have to be NIB and unfired. Yours are somewhere in that middle ground. I’d be all over them if I hadn’t gotten a very similar deal recently. I think yours are more than reasonably priced, but this might be the wrong venue. Did you try over at the colt forum classifieds? A bit of a larger market for colts over there. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I’m sure there is plenty of interest. It’s a bit of a niche market though. As I said before, those are perhaps the best version of single actions colt ever made. Shooters want them for that certainly, but tend to spend less. Collectors want them too, but then they have to be NIB and unfired. Yours are somewhere in that middle ground. I’d be all over them if I hadn’t gotten a very similar deal recently. I think yours are more than reasonably priced, but this might be the wrong venue. Did you try over at the colt forum classifieds? A bit of a larger market for colts over there. Good luck. 

I would agree with this. I would love to have it but I don't have $2k gathering dust.

Archived