SASS Wire Forum

Looking for narrow grips for my OMV

I am looking for the hard rubber grips that are on the Blackhawk showing on the Ruger website. I am told they are thinner than the standard walnut grips. I have small hands and have not found any that felt comfortable. I have grips on my ROA's that are perfect but have no idea where they came from and its a pain to keep switching. Am open for other suggestions.....Also trying to be frugal.

Hochbauer

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409 said:

I am looking for the hard rubber grips that are on the Blackhawk showing on the Ruger website. I am told they are thinner than the standard walnut grips. I have small hands and have not found any that felt comfortable. I have grips on my ROA's that are perfect but have no idea where they came from and its a pain to keep switching. Am open for other suggestions.....Also trying to be frugal.

Hochbauer

It sounds like you are looking for "Gunfighter" grips.  They are available in different materials from Eagle Grips @ https://www.eaglegrips.com/300-gunfighter-style-grips 

I heard that they are available from Altamont Grips, but I couldn't readily find a link for the large frame Vaquero thin panel grips.

Sgt.,

I have been on the waiting list for a couple pair from Altamont for over a year. They haven’t made a run of them for quite a while and said they would notify me when they made some more. Your probably better off looking into Eagle gunfighter series. 

I too am looking for some gunfighter grips for my OMV Bisleys. I have spoke with a guy on Etsy (furnitureyourway) that is going to custom make me a couple pair. Good luck with your search.

Lottie Dinero

I am not sure on your skill level or motivation to tackle some projects but it is really a simple matter to “thin down” the stock grips you have now. A little sandpaper and a little time and before you know it, perfect feeling grips. Then just a little linseed oil or whatever other finish you prefer. Since you already don’t care for the grips as they are, you have nothing to lose. I have changed the grips on several of my revolvers. At least two different sets I have installed were chosen because of their looks, fancy walnut and desert ironwood, but both sets were too thick. I spent about four hours each gradually thinning them to get them where I liked them. Plus there is a certain satisfaction in having “built them myself (sort of)”.

I just got a set of thin grips from altamont and love them. They are listed on the website below the standard grips. Took a couple weeks to get them. Reasonably priced as well. 

MK

On 7/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, doc roy l. pain said:

Sgt.,

I have been on the waiting list for a couple pair from Altamont for over a year. They haven’t made a run of them for quite a while and said they would notify me when they made some more. Your probably better off looking into Eagle gunfighter series. 

Might want to check in with them, I have eagle gunfighters on my old vaquero’s, broke one, saw the new price (went into shock:o) and ordered altamont slim fleur de lis in June just before EOT and they were delivered today. 

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Just talked to altamont and they are indeed making slim panel grips again. I ordered two pair. They gave me a shipping time of 2-3 weeks 

Archived