SASS Wire Forum

The classics never get old

Utah Bob #35998

Coming back from the post office I tuned in to the comedy channel. They put a 

Henry Youngman performance on. After 5 minutes I was laughing so hard I had to pull off the road. 

One of em was, “My brother in law. I wish he’d go learn a trade so he’d know what kind of work he was out of.”

Bada bing

:lol:

A couple of years ago I listened to an old comedy skit of his on the radio one night on a long drive. It had me in stitches. :lol:

Not one cuss word, no politics, no sensational silliness. Just plain funny stuff. It was wonderful. 

I've been happily married for two years.  We just celebrated our thirtieth anniversary.

Guy checks in his three bags at the airport.  Tells the person at the desk, "This one to Pheonix; this one to Seattle; this one to Baltimore, and I am going to Miami".  When told that the airline cannot do this, the guy says, "Why not?  You did it last month."

I told my wife I was gonna take her someplace new and exciting. “ The Kitchen.”

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Henny played a lot of college campus s before his death and was very popular. The young kids had never heard anything like him.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Henry played a lot of college campus s before his death and was very popular. The young kids had never heard anything like him.

There are a lot of great stories about Henny, leaving a performance, passing by a wedding reception, finding the father of the bride, and offering to do 10 minutes of stand-up for $100.  He apparently was never one to pass up a chance to make an honest buck. 

LL

Archived