SASS Wire Forum

First the Chevy Blazer. Now.....

2020 C8 Corvette Reveal: Chevy's mid-engine supercar hunter

1749941198_2020ChevyCorvette.jpg.e2de6f8170b8871a3d8b9c91a8f35cb0.jpg

I dunno.

Can you put a gun cart in it and head to the range?

How about a deer?

No?

Not for me then.

Oh my goodness ...

God grant they never, ever make that in PURPLE, my wife will have one and she'll get into an immense amount of trouble, fast!!

5 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Oh my goodness ...

God grant they never, ever make that in PURPLE, my wife will have one and she'll get into an immense amount of trouble, fast!!

Linn:

Personally my wife and I have never owned a Corvette, and never really wished to own one.

I had to agree with my wife who called the later models "baboon butt" cars.

Each couple of years the Corvette seems to get smaller. It’s as if they are trying to turn them into a McClaren. Don’t get me wrong, I like McClarens. 

175C0F98-7F33-41BD-A0D0-06703E2836F5.thumb.jpeg.32b7fd3c70a51c8cd6c73ee2fc9ee667.jpeg

Man, did you see the room around that 8 cylinder engine? I am wondering if you’d need to lift the body to do any work on it. 

My uncle had one. I want to call it a '62 but I honestly don't remember the year.

I do recall his restoration of the machine was utterly immaculate, it was a steel-metallic shade, and when Aunt Nancy was driving in beautiful downtown Columbus, some individual whose description is best couched in certain Anglo-Saxon labiodental fricatives, ran a red light and T-boned her ... well, that beautiful fiberglass body just plainly exploded, and their Corvette was no more!

(She was shaken and sore and mad as a wet hornet, I understand the cops had to pull her off the other driver, but when they did they were laughing so hard they could barely grip her arms ... she was swinging her purse to very good effect, this attractive, coiffed and high-heeled woman in office professional, pounding the stuffing out of this cowering John Doe and swearing like a stevedore at the top of her near-soprano voice!)

4 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

My uncle had one. I want to call it a '62 but I honestly don't remember the year.

I do recall his restoration of the machine was utterly immaculate, it was a steel-metallic shade, and when Aunt Nancy was driving in beautiful downtown Columbus, some individual whose description is best couched in certain Anglo-Saxon labiodental fricatives, ran a red light and T-boned her ... well, that beautiful fiberglass body just plainly exploded, and their Corvette was no more!

(She was shaken and sore and mad as a wet hornet, I understand the cops had to pull her off the other driver, but when they did they were laughing so hard they could barely grip her arms ... she was swinging her purse to very good effect, this attractive, coiffed and high-heeled woman in office professional, pounding the stuffing out of this cowering John Doe and swearing like a stevedore at the top of her near-soprano voice!)

I probably would been helping her...or at least keeping others back to make sure she exacted proper vengeance. 

Morons: a pox upon us all.

I am sure especially sensitive to this issue as I sit here in pain due to a flippin’ moron myself.

It's a tough position for GM, and I'm sure there will be people emotional about it because it's changed to being mid-engined, and people emotional because it's finally mid-engined.

I've seen several test mules around, they look pretty good. 

There once was talk of GM keeping a front-engine Corvette, and making something else as a mid-engine sports car, as in don't mess with the name. But I don't think that's economically feasible. To eek out some more performance, mid-engine makes sense. 

Without a doubt, overall performance will improve. Including some very high horsepower engines in the pipeline that would have been difficult before.

Like previous corvettes, this new one will still hold two golf bags, and fit people over 6 foot tall. (two of the unofficial requirements for corvette designs)

Time moves on, and car designs do too. 

15 minutes ago, Rooster Cognizant said:

It's a tough position for GM, and I'm sure there will be people emotional about it because it's changed to being mid-engined, and people emotional because it's finally mid-engined.

I've seen several test mules around, they look pretty good. 

There once was talk of GM keeping a front-engine Corvette, and making something else as a mid-engine sports car, as in don't mess with the name. But I don't think that's economically feasible. To eek out some more performance, mid-engine makes sense. 

Without a doubt, overall performance will improve. Including some very high horsepower engines in the pipeline that would have been difficult before.

Like previous corvettes, this new one will still hold two golf bags, and fit people over 6 foot tall. (two of the unofficial requirements for corvette designs)

Time moves on, and car designs do too. 

But they don’t have to. You can choose to stay true to American muscle vs European super cars, and still be modern.

I live way up a dirt road. But if I was gonna buy a car tomorrow?

Archived