SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone

Wyatt

14 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Thought it was “logger”?

Definition of lunger (Entry 2 of 2)

: a person suffering from a chronic disease of the lungs especially : one who is tubercular

5 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Actually: "Why, Johnny Ringo. You look like somebody just...walked over your grave."

Now you can say Yee Haw!!!   :P

Thank's Loophole , YEE HAW !!!  It sounded right at 5am.  Well look's like i know what i'll be watchin tonight.  :D

How many versions are there...4 or 5...an early one with Henry Fonda and Walter Brennan was good...yes story line and details do vary with each. I will watch whichever one happens to be on the Western Channel, or other channels without commercials. I think 'Tombstone' is the best.

RRR

5 hours ago, Rowdy Ranger Rick said:

How many versions are there...4 or 5...an early one with Henry Fonda and Walter Brennan was good...yes story line and details do vary with each. I will watch whichever one happens to be on the Western Channel, or other channels without commercials. I think 'Tombstone' is the best.

RRR

Maybe because it was shot in B&W, My Darling Clementine with Fonda and Victor Mature always seemed more historical.  At the least, it was certainly grittier, and much less pretty than Tombstone.  As much as I love Tombstone, it can feel artificially colorful and shiny - a bit too neat and clean for the time period and the locale. "Awfully toney for a mining town."  But still a great film.

LL

My Darling Clementine was a good one with Fonda

Also liked Gunfight at the O.K. Corral with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas

Wyatt Earp with Costner and Quaid was okay - Quaid did a good Doc Holiday but unfortunately for him Kilmer did Tombstone, the movie could have benefited from editing and cutting.

If I had to put them in order

1. Tombstone

2. tie Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and My Darling Clementine

4. Wyatt Earp

Costner's best western is Open Range.

My Favorite Westerns not necessarly the same as the best movies

Rio Bravo

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

Fist full of Dollars

Big Jake

Tombstone

Quigly Down Under

Open Range

The Magnificent Seven

Then about a thousand others.

Yeah add Red River, Shane, She wore a Yellow Ribbon and the Searchers, not to mention the Unforgiven, Josey Wales and, on and on,!

Hour of the Gun was also a good version, with James Garner and Jason Robards. The shootout at the train station and showdown at the end with Clanton were both very satisfying scenes.

RRR

Archived