SASS Wire Forum

Driving the Presidential Limo... FAST!

Dantankerous

WOW!!! What a display of driving skill............

Bugler

Looks like he's using the side mirrors and not looking over his right shoulder like we normally back a car!

:o

Wow!

That car must have a special transmission. It doesn’t appear that reverse is only first gear with that kind of speed.

Maybe it weighs that much. Your average Brink's type Armored truck weighs just over 14,000 lbs. At least the ones I used to drive. Driving backwards is a skill most can't do. I tested for the USPS after I left the Armored truck company,  and I backed right through their course set up with cones in the first try,

so my instructor and I went to have donuts and coffee for 45 minutes while we watched the other applicants struggle to go through the course without knocking down all the cones.  I sure couldn't do it at any kind of speed, though, that was impressive.

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Well now!

I think the president and any other passengers should get a little nervous if the driver puts on his helmet.

Yeah, no kidding. :lol:

22 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

New engine, tranny and tires, please.

Amazing.

LL

I suspect there are multiple sets of both ready to go....  :rolleyes:

Back in 2015 there was an article that said the Secret Service has a dozen of these monsters ready to go.  :huh:

The Beast

Autoweek, 2013

Designed from the ground up by the Secret Service, President Barack Obama's $1.5 million "Cadillac One," aka "The Beast," is a moving fortress impenetrable by bullets and bombs. The president has 12 identical limos in rotation and, when not in use, they're parked in the basement of the Secret Service's headquarters and are under 24-hour surveillance....

3 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Isn't it amazing how realistic videos created with computer animation are.

At first I scoffed; it looked REAL......

But when I concentrated on the "tire smoke", it appears to be CGI.  The smoke is generated evenly, and at a uniform rate and volume; and disperses the same way, on cue.  Both wheels, identically.  No lingering smoke at all.

Good eye, J.D.  You convinced me.

LL

18 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Isn't it amazing how realistic videos created with computer animation are.

Yeah, I was going to type "you guys do know it's a video game" but you beat me to it.

I noticed the CGI too.  I wasn't going to say anything in case this was being posted as a joke.  If you take a close look, going around some of the curves are obviously fake.  Besides, I doubt very much any presidential vehicle would be that loud.  

Archived