SASS Wire Forum

Ford Bringing Back The Bronco...Maybe

Pat Riot

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have a 2002 S10 ZR2. Great little truck. 

I am really hoping the Bronco isn’t a full size. I saw a new Ford Ranger the other day. It looks bulky for a Ranger. Of course all the Fords look all puffed up these days. 

One of the things I really used to like about Fords was their Spartan scrappy , boxy look. Now they look like swelled up Toyota’s.

I have pretty much decided if I can’t  find the midsize SUV or truck that I like I am going to buy a little Nissan Frontier and to hell with the rest of the truck and SUV builders.

I am hanging my hat on this Ford for now. Like I said before the removable roof option has me intrigued. I really hope they have a model without the idiot box console as well.

Bought a new 4x4 Frontier in 2016, my first non Chevy/GMC purchase ever and I am very pleased. Happy enough that my wife will likely get a Nissan for her next car or SUV.

14 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Well, Chevy brought back some kind of monstrosity that does not deserve to be called a Blazer...

Was helping the local dealer install some stainless moldings on a new pick up last week (gotta love how they call the body shop owner to help them instead of just sourcing us to the job to begin with) and one of the new Blazers was dropped off by the transport company. Talk about uninspired. It looks like a cross between the Traverse/Acadia/Enclave and a Chrysler Pacifica (minivan). I was really hoping that they would go retro styling with it but nope, just another soccer mom mobile. Let's hope that Ford follows the concept Bronco plans. That would be a sweet ride. 

If I were looking to replace my Tundra with another 4x4 truck, I would likely look long and hard at the Frontier. Simple, best bang for the buck out there it seems.

For no more than I do these days though, I would probably look for lower mileage used Subaru Baja though. If Subaru would only reintroduce those, I'd be a happy guy, so long as I could get a manual! I don't go off-roading like I used to, I pretty much just need to get to a slightly out of the way camping spot, something I could do with a little spacer lift and some all terrain tires. OK, even without, but let me have a little fun. As for the bed, all I need is to fit camping gear, some bags of mulch, my gun cart for shooting or a couple of bikes. When I got the Tundra, a horse trailer was a thing. Mrs. Doc's trainer does all of that now, and the trailer is sold.

I replaced the engine in my Chevy S10 3 years ago. I replaced it with a rebuild from one of these assembly line engine rebuilders. It met overhaul specs but not by much. Kind of like swapping your engine with a good running engine from a truck with 75-100K miles on it. it gets even worse mileage Thank it did with the original engine. I get 14.5 mpg no matter what.

Now this thing nickel and dimes me with everything else on the darn truck. I am tired of fooling with it. I love the truck but my idea of fun isn’t working on my vehicles any more.

I have been looking around for something I want to replace the truck with for some time now. Want a bunch of Pantie-Waste vehicles we have to choose from now.

These new full size pickups from Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like puffed up reflections of their former selves. They remind me of a new Body-Builder. All puffed up from working out but no real muscular substance. 

Oh, but they have “tough” looking exteriors with lots of plastic and crap that would fall off after one good run through the woods...but they have cool utterly obnoxious exterior lighting. 

And they have Bluetooth and displays and timers and heated seats and heated steering wheels so males can feel like real men in comfort and without missing one text or message in the Soap Opera that is their life.. 

Sorry...going waaaay off track here.

Anyway, I have been pining away for a convertible. I have actually considered dumping my truck, buying a convertible car and when I need a truck just rent a uhaul or that Home Depot monster.

BUT Every Convertible Maker that sells cars in the USA installs a BLACK interior in their cars? WHAT A BUNCH OF FLIPPIN’ MORONS!

Black interiors! OR Really Dark Colored Reds or Browns. MORONS!

The only one that sells a “Cabrio” (not a convertible) with a light interior is Fiat on the 500 Cabrio....

Anyway, that is why I am excited about the new Bronco...I swear, if the only interior is black I will buy a #%$&@£#ed Fiat just outta spite...

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hey Pat-Are the pain meds still work'n? :huh::D

OLG

Not good enough. ^_^

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I replaced the engine in my Chevy S10 3 years ago. I replaced it with a rebuild from one of these assembly line engine rebuilders. It met overhaul specs but not by much. Kind of like swapping your engine with a good running engine from a truck with 75-100K miles on it. it gets even worse mileage Thank it did with the original engine. I get 14.5 mpg no matter what.

Now this thing nickel and dimes me with everything else on the darn truck. I am tired of fooling with it. I love the truck but my idea of fun isn’t working on my vehicles any more.

I have been looking around for something I want to replace the truck with for some time now. Want a bunch of Pantie-Waste vehicles we have to choose from now.

These new full size pickups from Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like puffed up reflections of their former selves. They remind me of a new Body-Builder. All puffed up from working out but no real muscular substance. 

Oh, but they have “tough” looking exteriors with lots of plastic and crap that would fall off after one good run through the woods...but they have cool utterly obnoxious exterior lighting. 

And they have Bluetooth and displays and timers and heated seats and heated steering wheels so males can feel like real men in comfort and without missing one text or message in the Soap Opera that is their life.. 

Sorry...going waaaay off track here.

Anyway, I have been pining away for a convertible. I have actually considered dumping my truck, buying a convertible car and when I need a truck just rent a uhaul or that Home Depot monster.

BUT Every Convertible Maker that sells cars in the USA installs a BLACK interior in their cars? WHAT A BUNCH OF FLIPPIN’ MORONS!

Black interiors! OR Really Dark Colored Reds or Browns. MORONS!

The only one that sells a “Cabrio” (not a convertible) with a light interior is Fiat on the 500 Cabrio....

Anyway, that is why I am excited about the new Bronco...I swear, if the only interior is black I will buy a #%$&@£#ed Fiat just outta spite...

You could always get light colored seat covers! 

32 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You could always get light colored seat covers! 

Yeah but it’s the radiant heat from the console, dash and panels as well as the seats. We had a Chrysler Le Baron years ago. Black top, black interior. I can’t tell you how many near 1st degree burns we got from brushing up against interior components in that car. 

21 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Steering and much more were the same PN's between the big Broncos and the Torino.

IIRC-The first gen Ranchero was based on the Fairlane. The second gen Ranchero was based on the Falcon.

OLG

The Ranchero came out in 1957 and they were made from 2 door station wagons. Here is a picture of mine.....I think around 17,000 were made

Ranchero 1.jpg

I just joined “Ford Social” so I could put my 2 cents in on the design of the new Bronco. I asked that they don’t make it all round, curvy and puffed up. I also asked that they provide a light colored interior for the removable roof version. 

https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/suv/The-Ford-Bronco-is-Coming-Back.html?page=2

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I just joined “Ford Social” so I could put my 2 cents in on the design of the new Bronco. I asked that they don’t make it all round, curvy and puffed up. I also asked that they provide a light colored interior for the removable roof version. 

https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/suv/The-Ford-Bronco-is-Coming-Back.html?page=2

I saw this and my heart sank.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124051_ford-bronco-pickup-truck-may-challenge-jeep-gladiator

3 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

That looks like subterfuge to me. That is a pickup truck like thing. I thing the “author” of this story is putting out false info...I hope!

Archived