SASS Wire Forum

45-70 Setup for Dillon XL650

Howdy,

I'm looking for a Dillon XL 650 caliber conversion kit for 45-70 Government.  Also looking for a 45-70 die set.  Are there any sore shoulders out there ready to part with one or both?

Thanks for reading!

RP

I guess I fail to understand how anyone would require a Dillon to load mass quantities of 45-70? Isnt a single stage fast enough to load the few rounds you are likely to shoot? I mean, it is not like you are going to go out and just BANG of a couple of hundred of those bad boys in an afternoon! That is unless you are looking to get a new shoulder in the near future! But then again I guess some people are into self abuse?

Might be like me, the only reloaded I have which I also load 45-70 on it for my Trapdoor and Contender. But I ain't parting from it, sorry.

Use a turret press  a dillon will just give you fits.

5 minutes ago, RidgwayPlinker said:

You may presume that I can afford and have the room for multiple reloading machines.  I cannot and do not.  Anyone out there with something to offer, rather than comment on?

+1

If you had room for press number 2 I was at a shop 2 days ago that had a rcbs single stage for less than what I've bought used 650 conversions for. 

Lots of cowboys have helped me over the years and I'd be honored to ship it to you on me if you paid for the press alone once you receive it. 

It was 50 bucks 

Hello Grey Ghost,

You make a very generous offer that I very much appreciate.  You truly live the cowboy way!  I realize that a 650 is not the optimum machine for loading the 45-70.  However, it is a turret press, albeit one having a lot of extra stuff glued to it to automate the reloading process.  For the very few 45-70 rounds I plan to make I have no problem hand feeding the rounds and working around all of the extra stuff a 650 has.  I did not mean to imply hardship on my part.  Instead, I was hoping that the received responses focused more on the availability of what I was willing to purchase - rather than speculation about my motives for wanting it or how I would use it - and tried to make that point in my most recent post.  Unintentionally, I elicited your offer which I know came in the true cowboy spirit.  Although I decline your offer, I respect you for making it.  Hope to meet you someday!

RP

Archived