SASS Wire Forum

Nobody goes to jail!

Lawdog Dago Dom

Here in the Land of Oz, you can threaten a family member with a stolen gun, have the entire incident caught on video tape, and not put up a dime for your own bail. But we want more fingerprinting and background checks for gun owners ammo sales, etc.

Scotty, beam me up.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/man-accused-of-threatening-daughter.html

Well, not to enhance your blood pressure but I recently heard that folks are being told that it’s a violation of their 5th Amendment rights to register their firearms as they are felons and they would be incriminating themselves. :blink:

That is happening in community organizations in major cities all over the US.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

but I recently heard that folks are being told that it’s a violation of their 5th Amendment rights to register their firearms as they are felons and they would be incriminating themselves. :blink:

Supreme Court decided that 40 or more years ago.

Since it is illegal for a convicted felon to have a gun, if he does have one, he's committing a crime. Requiring him to register that illegal gun would be forcing him to admit he's committed a crime - to testify against himself, and the Fifth says you  cannot be required to do so.

Lived in Illinois my entire life, fought gun bans in the capital for 25 years, but now it is over. The state is deep deep blue run out of Chicago and the collar counties and the Democrats have super majorities in both the House and Senate and now have the Governorship too. They haven't done the coup de grace on gun rights just yet, but that is mostly because they have been too busy raising and working out the details of raising - income taxes, gas taxes, license fees, taxes on retirement income, and even a proposed state wide property tax on top of already sky high local property taxes. At the same time they have been busy increasing spending and doing nothing to address the state pension crisis such that even with all their new taxes the state is sinking even further into debt with state bonds at next to junk bond status. And people are leaving the state in record numbers. 

I'm planning on going after I retire in a few years and my youngest is out of college. Most of my guns have already gone on extended vacation in Texas. 

5 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Here in the Land of Oz, you can threaten a family member with a stolen gun, have the entire incident caught on video tape, and not put up a dime for your own bail. But we want more fingerprinting and background checks for gun owners ammo sales, etc.

Scotty, beam me up.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/man-accused-of-threatening-daughter.html

As a fellow frontier nation? I really really do not understand Australian gun laws.

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Yep definitely not Aus, do that here & all your guns are gone & the key to your cell will be thrown away.!!!!!!!

Yep, when I saw the Oz reference I thought that guy aint seeing daylight for a while.

Land of Oz is referencing the State of Illinois, which has become a land of make believe. Criminals have little or no consequences for their acts, yet we pursue the curtailing of licensed FFL holders and lawful gun owners, by setting ridiculous fees and other administrative hurdles that limit our Second Amendment rights.

Archived