SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie adventure begins

Howdy

A while back I offered an invitation to  anyone that may be interested in coming to the state of Queensland to shoot at the Gold Coast Heartland Territorial hosted by the Gamblers.

Well Jackson Rose & his new bride Nana Rose will leave the USA this Wednesday &  with the time difference [ approx 16 hours ] arrive in Australia on Friday July 19 at 5.30 am.

A club shoot the next day will get Jackson straight into it & we hope to take them to Steve Irwins [ the Crocodile man ] Zoo as well as other places in our neck of the woods.

I'm hoping to post as much as I can  of their trip which is for 2 weeks.

Looking forward to there visit ................................

Jackson Rose has been shooting with us for years and a real asset to our matches.   Nana has jumped right in like she's been here all along.  We're always happy to see the Roses roll in. 

Nana's very first match!

It's going to be a great experience for all you guys.  I wish I could be there just to shoot video!

That’s pretty cool. 

They should have a fun time and a great trip. Wish them well!!

First update is  the internal connecting flight to LA is delayed so could be a later arrival into Australia.

You can find 'Gold Coast Gamblers' on facebook if interested.

17 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy

A while back I offered an invitation to  anyone that may be interested in coming to the state of Queensland to shoot at the Gold Coast Heartland Territorial hosted by the Gamblers.

Well Jackson Rose & his new bride Nana Rose will leave the USA this Wednesday &  with the time difference [ approx 16 hours ] arrive in Australia on Friday July 19 at 5.30 am.

A club shoot the next day will get Jackson straight into it & we hope to take them to Steve Irwins [ the Crocodile man ] Zoo as well as other places in our neck of the woods.

I'm hoping to post as much as I can  of their trip which is for 2 weeks.

Looking forward to there visit ................................

That is outstanding! Very nice of you to host them!

Must be some wild weather in Atlanta as  Jackson & Nana have been held over for 2 days, latest news is will not arrive in Aus until Sunday July 21......I hope they can get an extension on their return flight !!!!

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

So?  They are going to miss the match?  

I'd try to get a ticket refund and try again some other match.

Luckily the shooting starts Thurs 25 thru Sun 28...hopefully they will be here this coming Sunday as we have a few things planned , was going to a Club monthly Sat but that won't happen.

31 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Luckily the shooting starts Thurs 25 thru Sun 28...hopefully they will be here this coming Sunday as we have a few things planned , was going to a Club monthly Sat but that won't happen.

The saga continues, Jackson &. Nana still stuck in Atlanta..finally be given new flight details, will now arrive in Australia on Tues July 23 at 6 am..hopefully no more dramas...or we are up s**t creek !!:ph34r:

Jackson & Nana are finally at LAX  waiting for their flight to Brisbane Australia, they may have lost 4 days but in Jackson's last email reply 'they are determined to get down-under..looking forward to finally getting them on Aussie soil !!

So what caused the flight delays in Atlanta?

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

So what caused the flight delays in Atlanta?

From what I understand,  it was a thunderstorm in St. Louis that delayed their departure to Atlanta.  Or thunderstorms that delayed them getting to Atlanta.  In any case, they missed their connection out of Atlanta by 20 minutes.  

Yep Jackson & Nana have finally arrived.

Off for a bit of sightseeing today in our Regional City of Toowoomba  [ pop 100,000 ]  which is about 35 mile from our home.

We head down to the Gold Coast tomorrow for 4 days . Nana is shooting senior, Jackson is Senior BP GF

Attached are a few  pics.

002.JPG

006.JPG

003.JPG

Just got back from the shoot, I will post some more pics & try with the videos [ no guarantee there !!!].

Jackson was 1st in SG BP & also won the mens invitational shoot off. Nana didn't place but did well for having only been shooting a short time. she did win best dressed lady. Having to SDQ myself for not unloading my pistols didn't help !!

My lovely wife 'McGinty placed 2nd  in SS.

The next 2 days will be going to the Crocodile mans Zoo [ Steve Irwin ] & some sight seeing.

You’re a great pard and your better half is a great lady for doing this Mohawk. Well done!!

6 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

You’re a great pard and your better half is a great lady for doing this Mohawk. Well done!!

Thanks Yul..It comes natural & a pleasure to do so..& the great help you gave us on our last trip to WR will never be forgotten .

Will try to upload a video of Jackson winning the invitational shoot off  [ starts with 8 shooters for both men & ladies ]

Not sure how the video went !!!!!!!!, something about 1 hour before it can be viewed. Here is a pic of Jackson's 1st place buckle.

2.Jackson Senior   BP Gunfighter with KC Woody Senior [ smokeless ] Gunfighter

3. Nana..Best dressed Lady for the 3 days.

819.JPG

825.JPG

817.JPG

Archived