SASS Wire Forum

TGs without Internet access???

Just read through the TG Meeting notes from EOT and noticed the following:

Not all TGs have internet access and some don’t respond to email. 

How is a TG not having Internet Access even possible since it is one of the REQUIREMENTS to be a TG.

https://www.sassnet.com/TG-Main-001A.php

Requirements to serve as a SASS Territorial Governor are:

• Computer savvy with a current email address on file at all times.

Perhaps a better solution is for clubs to be alerted of the lack of response from their TG with the suggestion that the club either find someone willing to step up to do the job or risk their voice not being heard!

Heck, how sure are we that all the current TG information, including contact information, is correct and up to date? I ask because we found out at the beginning of the year that the RO instructor info may not have been...

I would say that the answer to your question is in SASS's court.  Their rules,  should be their enforcement. 

I'm wondering what percentage of TGs this applies to??

BS

The whole argument is a false argument, or red herring at best...

Not all TGs have internet access and some don’t respond to email.  Therefore online voting and discussion are less than optimal, and may not be the vehicle to represent all clubs.

Well....

Not all TGs will travel to a TG Summit, either. Just look at the past attendance of TG Summits. Obviously they have not been the vehicle to represent all clubs in the past, either.

face to face “business” type meeting or TG Summit.  Given some informal preference from the SASS Wire Forum discussion, and from those in attendance, the majority of TGs would prefer a ‘business meeting’ style Summit.  This should be a compressed business meeting with a well communicated agenda, well in advance, at a location which is affordable/a transportation hub.  The meeting should be 2-3 days maximum, held on the weekend to allow those who have employment commitments to attend. 

I am not shocked that those who were in attendance at the TG meeting at EOT were in favor of preferring a 'business meeting' or Summit as they are the TGs more inclined to travel to one. 63 'TG's listed (of which were a couple listed that are not actually TGs but the list did not differentiate between TGs and RO Instructors in attendance, but I digress...) out of how many clubs?

Archived