SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

Parlor house Pearl and Otero Perro chopped first and second place money.  It was a lot of fun even if attendance was down to to flood!  Everyone won a door prize, Smart * won the one of a kind Graver Bill knife, and it was indeed a beautiful one!  Thanks to Graver Bill(he is just one of the reasons NAR is a great club).  Thanks to all who worked on this match and most importantly——THANKS TO ALL FOR COMING!!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Jackalope said:

I won't.  :angry:

It was good to meet you, Johnny!

Johnny should have found out who else is from South Dakota before letting it be known where he is from. The whole guilt by association thing is real.

The real world has set in and it's REEEEEAAAALLLLL.......especially after having such a great time in North Alabama! The Regulators put on a wonderful match. The stages were clear and concise with a nice mix of size and distance. Big Ned has to be the largest target in SASS. I thought overall target placement and size tested one's ability to use the Throttle as there were stages that were in your face, some stages that you could push a little and some stages that needed just a little more attention to navigate. To me that's a great mix worthy of a championship match. The food at the banquet was pretty damn good (they did need another carving station but that wasn't their decision). The meals at the range were good and everyone up there was just as I expected.....Friendly as all get out!.....except for Buck LOL. Unfortunately we had to have the Range Masters come make a couple of calls for our posse. Branchwater Jack and Buck D. Law consulted the Shooters Handbook each time and showed us the correct call in writing each time.....Range Masters after my own heart there. No ambiguity and no hard feelings. All in All I would give this match two giant Ned sized thumbs up! Put it on your list of matches to attend.

Congrats to Sidekick and Dodge City Dixie for taking the whole thing! Good shooting by good Cowboy and Cowgirl!

Stan

46 minutes ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

Johnny should have found out who else is from South Dakota before letting it be known where he is from. The whole guilt by association thing is real.

You are so right:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

You are so right:ph34r:

So, you're not going to believe this. . .and you shouldn't, but this past weekend at the range I found the signs for South Dakota and Iowa. Apparently because you and the Iowa folks traveled from the greatest distance, your signs were placed on at the. . .wait for it. . .long range shooting bay. I've attached photos "proving" this. Thanks for coming and y'all come back now, ya hear!

South Dakota and Iowa signs with arrows.jpg

South Dakota.jpg

Iowa.jpg

3 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

So, you're not going to believe this. . .and you shouldn't, but this past weekend at the range I found the signs for South Dakota and Iowa. Apparently because you and the Iowa folks traveled from the greatest distance, your signs were placed on at the. . .wait for it. . .long range shooting bay. I've attached photos "proving" this. Thanks for coming and y'all come back now, ya hear!

South Dakota and Iowa signs with arrows.jpg

South Dakota.jpg

Iowa.jpg

How could I doubt your word

Buck got one thing right, that part where he said, "You're not going to believe this".  Otherwise, I doubt every word that Buck D. Law says!

I reckon when I invite Buck over, I'll just put his welcome mat way out there by the outhouse.

:P

Please pass my thanks to Drake Robey for returning my SASS badge. I wasnt even aware that it was gone till it showed up in the mail. 

One question....how many clones of Branchwater Jack did you have operating that weekend. Every time you turned around, either he or one of his clones were making sure things were running smoothly (and well watered). Thanks to Buck, TDK and the whole NAR crew for a great shoot. 

Archived