SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

Thank you North Alabama regulators what a great match 

& people welcoming all competitors like the cowboy way should be !

Congratulations to Dodge city Dixie and Sidekick ! While  Dew R Dye and Mr Black came up a little short they welcomed the opportunity to be able to compete this year unlike Regional in Memphis last year! thanks again NAR! 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done North Alabama Regulators.  The range is looking really good.   Putting on a successful match in the rain is quite a challenge.  I really liked the stages and the food was very good.  We'll be seeing you next year.

1 hour ago, Jackalope said:

Rainmaker,

Because of your alias, you took considerable blame for the weather!    :o

Congrats on your "Spirit of the Game" award!

Jackalope

I blamed him and held him completely responsible. :)

29 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Well done North Alabama Regulators.  The range is looking really good.   Putting on a successful match in the rain is quite a challenge.  I really liked the stages and the food was very good.  We'll be seeing you next year.

Thanks, Bob. The swimming party was a bonus that was thrown in at the last minute.  :rolleyes:

Many thanks to the fine folks at NAR for the great match. The stages were well done and the range looked good; I especially liked to new water hazards and ponds that were added at the last minute. Those folks even worked at night making sure the water levels were maintained! :lol:

It was a fun match and it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. Looked like TN WIlliams has him a special couple of friends for his shotgun too! :D

Kajun

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

It was a fun match and it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. Looked like TN WIlliams has him a special couple of friends for his shotgun too! :D

Kajun

Word is Purly found something special in his pocket. I don't know what, or who lost it, just that he found it. 

There may be something special in the works for the Krazy one....

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Word is Purly found something special in his pocket. I don't know what, or who lost it, just that he found it. 

There may be something special in the works for the Krazy one....

I have been completely innocent of these charges. I guess you and the Matter Man finally dragged me into it. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Thanks for a great match. Met a lot of new friends. Got a free gun cart wash. Hope to make it again next year.

First SE Regional match, Great match, food and company, I’ll be back

On 10/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

Congratulations Dodge City Dixie ans Sidekick Regional overall champions. 

Also congratulations to all the category winners. 

We had a great posse marshall team  Max Payne and Fast Eddie. 

Thanks, Purly!

This was a very well run match! Everyone who worked to make this happen did a great job, & Branchwater Jack was like the Tasmanian Devil! He was everywhere, all the time. The detail preparation & work was evident! I know nobody took it lightly & appreciates all of the work, including Ophelia & myself.

5 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Many thanks to the fine folks at NAR for the great match. The stages were well done and the range looked good; I especially liked to new water hazards and ponds that were added at the last minute. Those folks even worked at night making sure the water levels were maintained! :lol:

Kajun

I done tol you weeks ago it were gon be a fais do do!

Thanks for all of the kind words about the shoot. As most of you know it takes a lot hard work putting the match together. The hardest part starts when the shooters start to arrive. Keeping the train on the tracks is a challenge but we have a great crew, Branchwater, Buck, Gray Wolfe and Drake Robey helped keep the match going buy doing the little things that needed doing. Toolman Barkeep, Ironhorse Jim and Ironhead filled in where they where needed. Thanks guys
T-Bone... what a showman he helped us entertain you guys on Friday evening. Thanks T-Bone.

Sawyer put on a successful Poker Tournament and he found all of the prizes for the player. Thanks Sawyer.  

A great big thanks to all of you for coming out and shooting with us. 

7 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Thanks for all of the kind words about the shoot. As most of you know it takes a lot hard work putting the match together. The hardest part starts when the shooters start to arrive. Keeping the train on the tracks is a challenge but we have a great crew, Branchwater, Buck, Gray Wolfe and Drake Robey helped keep the match going buy doing the little things that needed doing. Toolman Barkeep, Ironhorse Jim and Ironhead filled in where they where needed. Thanks guys
T-Bone... what a showman he helped us entertain you guys on Friday evening. Thanks T-Bone.

Sawyer put on a successful Poker Tournament and he found all of the prizes for the player. Thanks Sawyer.  

A great big thanks to all of you for coming out and shooting with us. 

And thank you Graywolf, Scotch Before Noon, Barkeep Casey, and TKD for bringing me in 4 loads of gravel to spread around stage 10 as we attempted to keep it from turning into a mud pit!

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

“P” for the double tap, these are single tap only posts. 

Thanks again for everything. 

Randy

I'm still waiting for someone to post a video of a cannon going end-over...:ph34r:

On 10/28/2019 at 2:02 PM, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I have been completely innocent of these charges. I guess you and the Matter Man finally dragged me into it. 

I wasn't even there!

Somebody evidently had stuck a pin in my doll or slipped me some maters.  I was laid up ,down in my back. Spent 3 days on the couch!

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I'm still waiting for someone to post a video of a cannon going end-over...:ph34r:

I didn’t even know about that, maybe with enough powder it could have done a complete back flip. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Lol. Gotta chock those wheels.

There was a spent 223 casing wedged between the boards, standing vertically, chocking the wheels.

The recoil bent that case at a 90 and the carriage kept on rolling.

A big thank you to the North Alabama Regulators for a fine shoot and great hospitality. I’ll even forgive Buck D Law for forgetting a sign fo South Dakota 

MCJ

1 hour ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

A big thank you to the North Alabama Regulators for a fine shoot and great hospitality. I’ll even forgive Buck D Law for forgetting a sign fo South Dakota 

MCJ

The sign was there, but it was much like the state. You had to travel a looooong way to see it!:ph34r:

Good shooting with you by the way.

Chiming in in the 11th hour with my 2cents' worth:  OK, the weather sucked Fri & Sat.  Absolutely nothing else to complain about.  Nothing.  We had one stage with a lot of P's but I don't know why.  OK: y'all know I don't shoot, but I've scored more stages than a bunch of y'all have shot, and I didn't see anything so complicated about it.  I mostly heard shooters saying they enjoyed this stage or that stage and nobody, and I mean nobody, saying I hate this place and I'm never coming back.  I, personally, have people to thank: the ladies who keep me sane; Branchwater Jack for the personal invite; Marshal TKD, TBone, and Ellie for making our camping experience more convenient and comfortable; the home folks (and everybody else) on posse 205  whom I don't see nearly enough anymore for making the main match run as smooth as silk; Buck D. Law for being FOS but making me feel useful.  Petey doesn't usually take me to the prom, but this one was all that was promised -- food was really good (a rarity), staff was accomodating and personable, facility was really  beautiful.  It was all over 'way too soon.  Looking forward to next year.

21 hours ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

... I’ll even forgive Buck D Law for forgetting a sign fo South Dakota 

MCJ

I won't.  :angry:

It was good to meet you, Johnny!

21 hours ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

MCJ

I'll never live that down. I left off Iowa too. At least I kept it to one posse. :)

Archived