SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

So your guns are already cleaned & lubed after we shot in the rain all day yesterday? Mine are scheduled for tomorrow. I do have all the ammo made, including the missus' black stuff, ready to go! Pulling out of here Wednesday morning in the big boy!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

So your guns are already cleaned & lubed after we shot in the rain all day yesterday? Mine are scheduled for tomorrow. I do have all the ammo made, including the missus' black stuff, ready to go! Pulling out of here Wednesday morning in the big boy!

Yep! Got up this morning and got them ready. See you Thursday!

We had a couple of the grandkids this weekend and I wasn't going to shoot but just to show I "empathized" (been a while since I've used a $3 word) with ya Max I woke up in time to check the weather on my phone and saw it was raining in Conyers so it made just rolling over and getting back to sleep that much easier.  Hope your guns don't rust before you clean them.  Oh, and Ophelia said to make sure that you've checked all of her ammo twice before checking yours;  she said she don't one of those "clicks but no bangs" kinda ammo to shoot in front of strangers with! :lol:

We'll be hitching up the mules to the wagon on Wed and headed West, hope to make it there in mid afternoon.  I have packed my golf cart condom just in case!

Kajun

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Jackalope said:

Barkeep,

I won't be participating in this but will be happy to help with the clock or counting, etc., assuming we get there in time.

But I ain't picking up no rimfire brass!   :lol:

Jackalope

Jackalope,

That would be great!

On 10/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

We had a couple of the grandkids this weekend and I wasn't going to shoot but just to show I "empathized" (been a while since I've used a $3 word) with ya Max I woke up in time to check the weather on my phone and saw it was raining in Conyers so it made just rolling over and getting back to sleep that much easier.  Hope your guns don't rust before you clean them.  Oh, and Ophelia said to make sure that you've checked all of her ammo twice before checking yours;  she said she don't one of those "clicks but no bangs" kinda ammo to shoot in front of strangers with! :lol:

We'll be hitching up the mules to the wagon on Wed and headed West, hope to make it there in mid afternoon.  I have packed my golf cart condom just in case!

Kajun

See you soon! Looking forward to lots of fun!

1 hour ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

Word is there are some rustlers comin' in from afar hoping to take the herd home with them. We need your help stopping them!

Stage 10.JPG

Those Desperados will do anything to protect their empire.

Barkeep:  if you're still looking for warm bodies to work the rimfire match, I can score.  Not good for much else.

10 hours ago, MizPete said:

Barkeep:  if you're still looking for warm bodies to work the rimfire match, I can score.  Not good for much else.

Miz Pete we can definitely use the help! And you all are welcome to borrow guns and ammo and play too.

RO Classes - Start time has been delayed until 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning. There will be a short lunch break for those taking the class before continuing. Please show up a few minutes early to register. RO 1 will be taught by Whiskey Hayes and observed by our Chief RO Instructor for the Southeast Region, J.M. Brown. RO2 will be taught by Amaduelist and Rubicon Ryder. I encourage anyone who needs to get their certification or needs a refresher (instructors and TGs particularly) to attend. 

Maxpa

On 10/20/2019 at 4:36 PM, Max Payne said:

Max P, need ride Sat night, not towing a car. Will be dry camping near you in slot #1, leaving Wednesday morning.

Major Bill

1 hour ago, Major Bill said:

Maxpa

Max P, need ride Sat night, not towing a car. Will be dry camping near you in slot #1, leaving Wednesday morning.

Major Bill

We are going to make an announcement during the safety briefing and try to set up carpooling from the range to the banquet, so campers do not need to break camp Saturday night to attend the banquet. I will be able to personally take 4 with me if needed.

4 hours ago, Major Bill said:

Maxpa

Major Bill

Major Bill, If Max won't let you ride with him, you can ride with me and Brisket.  You may have to put up with Krazy Kajun though.  Sorry.

15 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I see the blue rifle targets, and the red targets must be from a long range competition in the adjacent bay, but where are the pistol targets?:lol:

They are slightly out of frame over there;)

3 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Where did yawl steal those stop signs?:D

We can't thank Bill Carson enough for lending us several targets that we are using for this match!

I do believe, however, there have been several accidents reported at a couple of 4-way stops in the Memphis area. :ph34r:

Bill is running a cowboy fast draw clinic on Thursday after lunch at the .22 range.  Y'all need to stop by and check that out as well!

9 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I see the blue rifle targets, and the red targets must be from a long range competition in the adjacent bay, but where are the pistol targets?:lol:

When you start to shoot the red stop signs you have to sing "STOP! In the name of love".

Archived