SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Regional Ambush At Cavern Cove

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, lickskillet charlie said:

Ya still want me to finish up the big revolving wheel wif the arm and ankle straps to tie the Kajun to,might draw a perty good crowd for this'n :o:rolleyes::lol:

image.jpeg.5afef11f8bb001f40638d4938b5ef0aa.jpegI'll bring the Axe.

Update on hotels

All of our hotel info is updated with current prices. I was mistaken in thinking that the prices where current. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge

1155 Lodge Drive

Guntersville, AL 35976

The lodge will be our host hotel and banquet facility.

The room rates are $104 to $121 plus taxes and surcharges. 

Group code word is Ambush.

(256) 571-5440

Other hotels in the area

Guntersville Hotels

Wyndham Garden on Lake Guntersville

Regular rates $133 plus tax

Group rates $100plus taxes until October 1st

Block of 20 rooms

Group code SASS

2140 Gunter Ave

Guntersville, AL 35976 

(256) 582-2220

Regal Inn

Regular Rates $51.99 plus tax

Group rates $45.99 plus tax

Block of 20 room

Group code NAR

14341 US-431

Guntersville, AL 35976 

(256) 582-8444 

Lakeside Inn 

Regular Rates $59.99 plus tax

Block of 20 rooms

Group Rate $51.99 plus tax

Group Code NAR

14040 US-431

Guntersville, AL 35976 

(256) 486-7616

Scottsboro Hotels

Hampton Inn & Suites

Regular rate $154 plus tax

Group rate $119 plus tax until October 18th

Block of 20 rooms 

Group code NAR 

24747 John T Reid Pkwy 

Scottsboro, AL 35768 

(256) 259-5200

Comfort Inn & Suites

Regular Rate $99 plus tax

Group rate $79.20 plus tax

Block of 20 Rooms 

Group Code NAR

25775 John T Reid Pkwy 

Scottsboro, AL 35768 

(256) 259-8700

Econo Lodge 

Regular rate $53.99 plus tax

23945 John T Reid Pkwy 

Scottsboro, Al 35768 

(256) 574-1212

Red Roof Inn & Suites 

Regular rates $75 plus tax

23518 John T Reid Pkwy 

Scottsboro, Al 35768 

(256) 574-6740

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received word that the Cracker Crew, the official outlaws from the pokey down down handle of the United States of 'merica that we call Florida, is coming to Ambush! Life may never be the same! Yee-haw! Santa Fe River and Delta Glen are going to be co-posse marshals, so if you want to shoot with these outlaws, let it be known!

On 7/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I followed Jack’s link. Predict your time then try to shoot as close to the prediction as possible. Smallest difference wins. Beat your prediction and you’re out.

It's Bracket Racing, right?

Shaping up to be a great shoot. 

Branchwater has some great stages for us. Looks to be a good mix of shooting. 

The range is looking great!

There are few less Armadillos after the last camping trip. Dispatched them with a 9mm AR, a 45 ACP 1911 and a 500... 500 Polaris Ranger.  We are thinking about Armadillo gigging the next trip. We need a Trident!

I believe we will have the AXE throwing target finished this week end. 

The new fire pit work great. 

The shooters list has been updated. Still a few days old but updated. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Someone may have put some kind of chicken foot voodoo on your app. I did see a voodoo doll, chicken foot, and coon a$$, all together Saturday.

jus sayin.

I'm hoping he makes it to the range in Alabama...the spirits are already preparing for his arrival! ;)

Kajun

39 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Me and them spirits get along. Unless th're bad uns. Then I eat em:ph34r:

.....I’m disappointed, you being from TN I’da thought sure you say you’d drink them.  :P

Kajun

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Think cowboy couse of fire with single action pistol and lever action or pump rifle in 22 caliber, no shotgun.

No picking up brass or resetting shotgun targets means the stages go really fast. We shoot 6 stages in just a couple hours. It is a lot of fun! This year we have expanded the categories to Duelist, Traditional and GUNFIGHTER!

On 8/16/2019 at 9:05 PM, lickskillet charlie said:

Ya still want me to finish up the big revolving wheel wif the arm and ankle straps to tie the Kajun to,might draw a perty good crowd for this'n :o:rolleyes::lol:

We should have plenty of dark purple, lilac and pink paint leftover from Pearl's to make it all pretty for Kajun. ;)

13 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

No picking up brass or resetting shotgun targets means the stages go really fast. We shoot 6 stages in just a couple hours. It is a lot of fun! This year we have expanded the categories to Duelist, Traditional and GUNFIGHTER!

GUNFIGHTER you say?  I may have to reevaluate my Wild Bunch match participation since they are both at the same time.   So many matches, so little time.

11 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

GUNFIGHTER you say?  I may have to reevaluate my Wild Bunch match participation since they are both at the same time.   So many matches, so little time.

I know what you mean, Side match day is like a buffet. Practice match or PCC or BP match in the morning.  And in the afternoon you can choose another practice match or Cowboy Rimfire or Wild Bunch. Plus the speed matches! Too much shootin' and not enough time.....

ATTENTION YOU FOLKS THAT PLAY POKER AND YOU THAT DON’T!!!   Thanks to some generous folks, We now have PP(Poker Prizes) worth well over $1000.00!  Don’t have to win the tournament—just register,get your ticket and you might be the winner of a free entry to EOT, COMIN AT CHA, or a Henry Rifle!  Lots of $50 Gift cards and other gifts.  You will probably play for free and might do well enough to sit at the WINNER’S TABLE,  proceeds go to SASS SCHOLARSHIP FUND and NAR Range Fund!  See you at the tables!

Menu, Chef Henry will be grilling up some delicious meals for us.

we do need an RSVP for Thursday and Friday dinner meals so he knows how to prepare for. 

Thursday 
Lunch $10
Burgers and Hotdogs, chips, drink and a side
Dinner Free
Ribs & Chicken, Green Beans, Cowboy Cabbage and a drink

Friday
Lunch $10
BBQ pork sandwich, chips, drink and a side  
Dinner $15
New York strip, baked potato, sides and a drink

Saturday
Lunch $10
Piled high deli sandwich(ham or turkey) chips, side and drink.

Breakfast will be available Friday and Saturday. Prices will vary depending on what Chef Henry has that day.

Think about having your poker ticket drawn and you win a custom made knife from our own Graver Bill!  He is a Master Engraver and nationally recognized for his work.  Your $50 entry fee could make you the owner of these one of a kind knives!   Put on yore card playing duds, get a drink from Barkeep Casey, and start stacking up the chips!

A note to those who will be staying at hotels: In the past, we have encouraged people to stay in Scottsboro due to the banquet being held there, but we've changed venues to the Guntersville State Park and now recommend staying in Guntersville. The hotels in both Scottsboro and Guntersville are roughly 25 minutes from the range, but the Guntersville hotels are only 20 minutes from the State Park while the Scottsboro hotels are 45 minutes away. The State Park has rooms as well, and it is an amazing place, but if you stay there you will be 45 minutes from the range. Please feel free to contact me if you need further clarification.  

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So do we have to provide our own axe/hatchet/tomahawk, or will there be a spare or three available? (I am woefully unprepared with regards to bladed throwing chopper things)

We will have some spares ones there for folks to give it a try. 

Archived