SASS Wire Forum

SPF - Non-SASS: Scoped 8" Colt Python

1980’s vintage 8” Colt Python blue with ‘70s vintage Leupold 2x in Leupold rings.  Light turn ring on cylinder; minor blue wear at muzzle. Hogue grips.  Colt Pachmayr grips included along with a Bianchi 111 Cyclone crossdraw holster.

Revolver is 90+%; scope has several light ring marks as befits its age and service.  Lenses are scratch free; the combo is just as accurate today as when I assembled it in the ‘80s.  

I’m beginning to reduce my inventory and it’s time that this stylish, accurate and FUN piece finds a new home with someone who’ll use it.  $2300 plus actual S&I to your FFL.  PM with questions.

zQ4MTvpl.jpg

3heBFe8l.jpg

MU2FEkkl.jpg

ZeeCh1hl.jpg

I’ve been asked about how well this little rig shoots…and that’s a fair question!

This afternoon I carried her down to the barn for some documentation.  Below is the result of squeezing off 15 rounds of .357 158 grains at 55 yards.  The group measures 2 3/8” x 2” CTC.  Moving out to 100 yards, the old gal rang my 8” swinger with monotonous regularity.  Shooters without my grey hair, trifocals and muscle tremors can expect even better.  This was a deer and hog whacker back in the ‘80s…and it doesn’t appear much has changed as far as she’s concerned.

"Ad"

Fb0tZ7Sl.jpg

Archived