SASS Wire Forum

FS 45 Long Colt brass cases, presses, Lead, etc. in SoCalif

As you know, one of our pards has passed on - Patrick Walsh aka Steely Eyes Earp. His widow has asked me to help liquidate the equipment from his favorite hobby. She has neither the time nor knowledge of what the stuff is. I am still doing inventory but most of the goods right now is related to reloading. The toys have been given to family or sold off for much needed funds. I am posting here for the local crowd before it goes to eBay or wherever.

So for starters, he has a Dillon 550b in 45 Colt with almost all the upgrades and accessories that you can add, except for a case feeder: Strong mount, bullet tray, upgraded handle, low powder sensor, tool holder with wrenches, a spare parts kit, Lee Factory crimp dies, etc. .

it is mounted to a sturdy desk about 36" wide x 18" deep x 35" tall with storage shelves beneath.

MSRP from the Dillon site for all just the press and accessories is about $710. There is lots of stuff. $600

For reloading 12 gauge shotgun, he has a MEC 8567 Grabber. It is the progressive press. It is bolted down to a rolling cart 30' wide x 21" deep x 36" tall with storage behind the doors. It too has extra accessories and parts.

MSRP from the MEC site for this all this is about $650.  How's $500

He has 8 lb bottles of powder: 1 Red Dot, 1 Promo (label says $116), .  $140 your choice.

1 lb bottles of powder: 5 bottles of Titegroup and 1 TiteWad (label says $20)  So $20 each?

Yes, there are primers too-

Shotgun: 1 box of 1000 CCI 209 (label says $59.50), 2 boxes of Winchester W209.($30 each)   Remington #2-1/2 = only 300 ($10).

Small Pistol: 2 boxes of Winchester WSP plus 500 = 2500 total  ($25 per 1000 for all pistol primers)

Large Pistol: 1 boxes of 1000 Winchester WLP = 1000 total

A Cabela's digital scale ($20), a Cabela 400 vibratory case cleaner with extra media,

Lots of empty 50 and 100 cartridge boxes for your loaded rounds

Empty brass in cartridge cans: 45 LC, Starline and mixed headstamps (over 800?) and 45ACP (over 500)  

He has buckets of 12 g hulls, red AA, gray AA  Some are once-fired.

(All empties at 5 cents each - pick an amount?)

Lots of Claybuster CB-110 12 gauge pink wads. 3 large jars ($30 for all) 

There are unopened boxed of 45 Colt lead:  ($45 per box?)

160 gr RNFP – 1 boxes by Badman Leather

185 gr RNFP – 1 box Bear Creek,

200 gr RNFP – 1 box by Laser Cast -the Silver Bullet

200 gr RNFP- 2 box unknown maker

There is a small lead melting unit by Lee and loading blocks for 38 round ball and SWC?  Casting blocks and 2 sets of handles and ladle  $100 for all

A 10 piece hex-key wrench set in a rack with the plastic T-handles– from 3/32 to 3/8”  ($20) 

(Coming:There is also a bunch of .32-20 stuff, as he was going to start trying this caliber for his wife. Bought the appropriate toys, but never got that far for her to shoot. Lots of brass, reloading dies, and at least one unopened box of 100 gr SWC from Bear Creek - .313"  I'm going to have to sort and inventory this for later)

Np shipping of primers or powder, of course.  I'm also kinda reluctant to ship those heavy bullets, but if you want to pay shipping...

The big and heavy stuff is in Norco. The missus would like the desk/cart to go with the presses. I have much of the above with me in Huntington Beach that I could bring to a match or I could mail or you could come fetch in HB or at my office in Los Alamitos.

Thanks in advance from the widow Walsh aka Rhinestone Gal

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

MEC-8567n-grabber.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpg

Dusty it's a sad but nice thing you're doing.  I'm interested in the shotgun hulls and I see a picture of some boxes for completed rounds but no mention of it. 

Please PM me with prices, I'm sure we can work something out.

TC

I'll take the 45 long colt brass for $80. PM me payment info..

Tequila:  What kind of hulls would you like and how many?  (AA or Remington)  The boxes ? I'm still counting them Ha. Interested in the 50 round or 100 round. They are for 45 Colt (maybe a couple for 45 ACP.

TJ Law: I sent you a PM with payment info.

I put the gold in the mail yesterday for the 45 LC brass . Thanks again .

Dusty,

i am interested in the powder and primers depending on what they are. Please send me a PM with your contact info. 

Dusty,

I'll take the AT500, the slug fest coated bullets and the 30-30 dies/ammo. Let me know what matches you will be at in the near future and we can meet up. I'm not in a rush so make it work for you. 

Best regards,

Ethan

Sure miss Steely on posse 2. Will you have any of these things with you at The Cowboys match at Norco on Sunday?

Archived