SASS Wire Forum

Don't Waste The Southern Accent

Subdeacon Joe

Walked into the Victoria in Belfast.  Barman sez Yanks are ye?  I sez, well, she is but I was born & raised in the Sovereign State of South Carolina.  Ach, and it's a rebel ye are sez he, and all of a sudden we were the evening's entertainment.

My Wife was born in the South.......South Minneapolis. Her name is LouAnn and everybody asks where she's from. 

Just sayin'

Big Jake 

Mad magazine, some fifty or sixty years ago. There's a cartoon of this tourist couple. You can tell they're tourists. Panama hats, Hawaiian shirts, Bermuda shorts, long socks and sandals.

They're in some little banana republic and they've just happened upon some anti-American graffiti. YANKEE GO HOME!!

Their guide is mortified, but the tourist husband says not to worry about it. It did not upset them in the least.

And the tourist wife added, "We understand completely. We're from Georgia". :P

I love this lady!! She's a real hoot! I first heard her on Sirius radio, (when I had it for free for 6 months) She was one of the reasons I signed up for a year. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Mad magazine, some fifty or sixty years ago. There's a cartoon of this tourist couple. You can tell they're tourists. Panama hats, Hawaiian shirts, Bermuda shorts, long socks and sandals.

They're in some little banana republic and they've just happened upon some anti-American graffiti. YANKEE GO HOME!!

Their guide is mortified, but the tourist husband says not to worry about it. It did not upset them in the least.

And the tourist wife added, "We understand completely. We're from Georgia". :P

I remember that cartoon :D

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Don't you love how you can't remember what you had for dinner last night, but you can remember a comic from 50 years ago?

Yep! Hahaha :lol:

My wife reminded of that the other day...only it wasn’t humorous:blink:

:D 

I love this woman.  At a professional women's conference a while back I had the privilege of seeing her live and in person.  She is such an inspiration and a credit to all of us Carolinians.

55 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I had no idea that you spoke suthrunner, son. :P

I have lived in Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and North Carolina. 

31 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Ain't no place down here would let you stay, huh?

You’d like to think that, wouldn’t you? :P

Archived