SASS Wire Forum

Trade pending

Howdy, y'all. Like the title says, I have a pair of New Model Vaqueros to trade. They were bought new in 2017 and are stainless steel with 5 1/2" barrels, chambered in .357/.38. They are four numbers apart, if that makes a difference to you. I used them for one season and went back to my .45's. They have Sure Hit sights,  Wolff hammer and trigger springs and Super Blackhawk hammers installed. Factory rosewood grips. Grips and metal are unscathed. They will come with the factory boxes and factory cable locks but only one factory manual since I haven't a clue what I did with the other one. I am not currently interested in selling them unless I can't make a satisfactory trade, and I will trade them as a set only. 

I have these pistols valued at $1300 and would like to trade for a tuned 73 of equal or similar value in .45 Colt. I would prefer to have 20" or less barrel length. 

I think we've pretty much all seen a Vaquero before, but if you need to see pics please let me know and I will e-mail them.

No thanks. I shoot Classic Cowboy so a Marlin wouldn’t do me a whole lot of good. But thanks for asking!

I have a nice 73 in 45, but the barrel is 24”. It has a Short Stroke action job by Longhunter, very nice wood and fairly low round count    PM me if you are interested 

Thanks for offering, Mack, but I don't think so at the moment. It sounds like a nice rifle but I really don't want to go past 20" if I can keep from it. Whatever I get will be a backup for my current main match rifle, which is 20".

Charlie,

I have a straight stock 20" in .45. It was tuned and short stroked by Griner Gunworks in New Mexico. Bought it new in 2012 , shot it a couple of years and it's been in the safe ever since. It does have some cart dinks. If you would like some photos let me know.

CBG

Archived