SASS Wire Forum

July just ain’t my month...

Pat Riot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the only other thing they do.  They do not even have detectives.  I was a LA County Deputy Sheriff and worked next to these folks during my 32 year career.  A former Under Sheriff from my department (Eugene Biscaluz) started their department.  Once it was up and running he left to become the Sheriff of Los Angeles County.  I have several friends who are Officers, and my next door neighbor is a retired CHP Lieutenant.  What I said was not meant as a slight.  It was a statement of fact omitting the dozen or two officers who protect the Gov was an oversight on my part.  These guys are spread thin and very busy just doing traffic and Gov protection.

1 hour ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

That is the only other thing they do.  They do not even have detectives.  I was a LA County Deputy Sheriff and worked next to these folks during my 32 year career.  A former Under Sheriff from my department (Eugene Biscaluz) started their department.  Once it was up and running he left to become the Sheriff of Los Angeles County.  I have several friends who are Officers, and my next door neighbor is a retired CHP Lieutenant.  What I said was not meant as a slight.  It was a statement of fact omitting the dozen or two officers who protect the Gov was an oversight on my part.  These guys are spread thin and very busy just doing traffic and Gov protection.

Well, they sure as heck do need more of them. The reason I say they are “Special” is  they act like they think they are. Regardless of egos we need a whole bunch more of them. 

On 7/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes. I actually never saw her. She came up behind me as I lay on the ground and said “Are you all right?”

I said “No”. Not the the groans of pain might give it away.

She then asked “Are you hurt?”. 

I said “Yes”

She didn’t say anything else.

I thought she left or went away.

From 2 photos posted on Instagram she stayed right there. 

CD14241E-CDE9-4350-A63A-2FB726DFB6BF.thumb.jpeg.21c775b8ee283ec77d820eabe66244ce.jpeg3E47E45A-A68A-46CC-B865-C6A764AD57B0.thumb.jpeg.711ed50e7cd677868d561496c4449dcc.jpeg

I saw this exact photo in a news article.
It was the one that finally motivated me to sell my Sportster before it happens to me.
What a small world...

Here in NorCal, we have a bike death almost every day.
My lodge master was stopped at a traffic light, and some dipstick woman drove right of the top of his Yamaha 1800..
Another dipstick pulled a sudden left turn and get herself T-boned by a 900 pound Road King with three bright headlights.
"I didn't see him" was her (stupid) reply.

I've ridden for 55 years... it is now time to hang it up.
It is somewhat an admission of "getting too old" but I want to shoot far more than I want to sit in a wheel chair and drool.

45 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I saw this exact photo in a news article.
It was the one that finally motivated me to sell my Sportster before it happens to me.
What a small world...

Here in NorCal, we have a bike death almost every day.
My lodge master was stopped at a traffic light, and some dipstick woman drove right of the top of his Yamaha 1800..
Another dipstick pulled a sudden left turn and get herself T-boned by a 900 pound Road King with three bright headlights.
"I didn't see him" was her (stupid) reply.

I've ridden for 55 years... it is now time to hang it up.
It is somewhat an admission of "getting too old" but I want to shoot far more than I want to sit in a wheel chair and drool.

This photo is from last Thursday. It’s my accident that someone took photos of and posted. I am sure this type of photo is posted time and time again.

I have always said that if one comes to fear riding or has trepidation then one should hang up their keys and stop riding. Doubt and fear have probably killed as many riders as idiot drivers on the road. 

There is definitely no shame in walking away from it.

I have no shame in walking away, just the realization that I am getting ever-older, and the streets are becoming ever-more dangerous for bikers.

It's too bad... this is my 5th HD, and by far the nicest one I've owned.
It runs flawlessly, has lots of Moxie, is not too heavy for my small frame, and does not leak.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I have no shame in walking away

And you shouldn't. Quitting riding is a very hard choice and it's a very personal one. Anyone that questions it is ignorant and probably not the brightest bulb on the marquis.

Back in 2000 I had to have surgery to have half my large intestine removed due to Diverticulitis. My doctor told me I could never ride motorcycles again because the vibration might cause me issues. That nearly broke my heart. I sold my Suzuki DR650 Dual Sport with a very heavy heart and for 10 years took what that doctor said as Gospel. Then I found out from another doctor that my original doctor was wrong and his diagnosis had been disproven in the mid 90's. I verified this with other doctors. n 2013 I bought my first bike in 13 years and haven't looked back...well, I have looked back to cuss that idiot doctor. That wasn't the only BS he fed me. Anyway, I may quit riding some day but I have no intention of doing it any time soon.

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

I have no shame in walking away, just the realization that I am getting ever-older, and the streets are becoming ever-more dangerous for bikers.

It's too bad... this is my 5th HD, and by far the nicest one I've owned.
It runs flawlessly, has lots of Moxie, is not too heavy for my small frame, and does not leak.

I respect your decision.

Archived