SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range or End of Trail?

El Hombre Sin Nombre

5 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

***Edited to add: 

I do not want to hijack this thread for this topic- lots of great info here on EOT and WR!! (BTW- I vote for both equally!) 

I am happy to respond and discuss items like this directly, or in a separate thread. However-  I did feel like a response here was appropriate.  - Misty

Palo Verde, 

Your post makes me realize that I need to issue an updated member report to all SASS members regarding the business structure and operations information... and our vision for the future and longevity of SASS. Yes, SASS (me, actually) did announce several years ago that the goal was to transition into a non-profit organization. That goal has yet to be reached. 30+  years of business structure has to be carefully unwoven before we can truly consider that as an option. 

Not only do I contend, but I guarantee you that not a single dime of EOT (Museum) funds are co-mingled with SASS funds/accounting. END of TRAIL is run through a separate company- the SASS Western Heritage Museum. SASS does do one thing- we donate all SASS employee labor costs to the event by not charging out out employee labor- only contract labor is paid directly out of the Museum/EOT. I am in the process of building an EOT SASS Member report for distribution that will outline the attendance information, the survey results, our action plan, and the financial picture. I think SASS members will be pleased to see such transparency. Stay tuned. 

No apology needed. I realize that for some, trust is a difficult thing to gain. I have been with SASS since 2009. (February 2019 was my 10 year SASS-anniversary!!) I cannot speak to anything stated in an article from 12 years ago. I can only speak to what I do know- and I absolutely know, without a doubt,  that in all of my tenure here, not a single penny has ever been "skimmed" from the Scholarship fund for any reasonQuite the contrary actually- SASS covers all the administrative, banking, registrations, maintenance, etc. fees for the SASS Scholarship Foundation so that every penny donated goes to the kids. Proudly. 

Erasers aren't needed, but what is needed is a little distance and perspective. Trust me, I get it- I've spent the last 10 years rebuilding a lot of bridges. Lets start focusing on some of the good, the accomplishments, the changes, the evolution. It simply isn't right to crucify current staff/management for something that was the work of predecessors.  It is the past and I (we) cant change it... but we certainly can learn from it!  

I have always been open and honest with my fellow SASS members. I say,  lets build a "new" history of SASS- through open communication and transparency. Together. 

Respectfully,

Misty 

Thank you Misty!

Archived