SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 3 screw 41mag what’s it worth?

Rusty Cuffs

I gave 650 for an unconverted 3 screw .30 Carbine gun with the box, original grips and real stag grips.  I think I stole it.  .41 Mag is a caliber that is very desirable to a very small group of shooters (I started off with one as my first center fire pistol!)  I would imagine that if it was offered to someone like myself for under $800.00 it would sell.  Normal shooters who don't know any better may not pay a premium. Just my opinion and not worth anything unless you are paying for it.

I would think the $800.00 figure is close but only if it comes with the box and all paperwork, Figure $125.00 less without and that would be for a 98%+ gun, value drops a lot below 95% condition.

I picked up a good shooter with a short barrel for 425 last fall

I recently sold a like new, unconverted, 3 screw with short barrel on Gun Broker. Lots of bidding and it went for $550

one if the few guns I’m sorry I sold!

What condition is it in.  With 99 percent being pretty much new in the box and 10 percent being near "relic", how would you rate it?  Bore? 

He’s going to bring it to work Monday and let me take a look. He has no box however he does have the original grips. He said it has a fant ring on the cylinder. Again will know more Monday. A Blackhawk 41 mag 4 5/8” barrel was my very first pistol also. Wish I had it back!

Rusty

Per the 39th Edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values:

.41 Mag. cal.   -   (39,371 mfg 1965 - 1973)

100%       98%       95%       90%       80%

$750     $625      $575     $500     $425

.41 Mag. cal. w/brass frame 6 1/2" bbl. (160 mfg.)

100%         98%       95%       90%       80%

$3,250   $2,600   $1,800   $1,200   $950

"A negotiated premium can be added for examples with S (seconds) or D (duplicate) marking."

That's the info I found in the Blue Book.  If it has the brass frame, wow.

Good luck,

Barry Sloe

Archived