SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Home, Champs!

Whistlin' Blue

I am not into sports even slightly but I applaud these Ladies on an outstanding performance and their many wins. :)

I can't stand the sight of Rapinoe!!! I refuse to celebrate a team that won't go to the WH because of lies! She refused to put her hand over her heart and also knelt during the anthem in 2016!

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I can't stand the sight of Rapinoe!!! I refuse to celebrate a team that won't go to the WH because of lies! She refused to put her hand over her heart and also knelt during the anthem in 2016!

Now THIS I can agree with you on ;) 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yep.  I'd be a bit more excited about this if they could win with some class and not embarrass this nation with political stunts on an international stage.

35 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

"Rapinoe drew further controversy when she described the protest as a “good ‘F you’” to the Trump administration."

Yeah she kinda soured any celebration I have for this team. "Go USA" indeed, but not this group. Tired of all these sporting events being politicized and the slamming of our country.

15 minutes ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

Yep.  I'd be a bit more excited about this if they could win with some class and not embarrass this nation with political stunts on an international stage.

Indeed.   

..........Widder

32 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yep, when the one with the biggest mouth becomes the leader of the band........by the way, anyone remember the "Dixie Chicks"? I didn't think so.

7 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Screw them

Not in THIS lifetime!!!

9 minutes ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

Wow. Must say I'm surprised at the negative reactions. The "Love more, hate less" victory speech is viral now. It seems to resonate with most folks.

https://nyti.ms/2SaROxB

She's full of BS! Where's her love for the POTUS?

33 minutes ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

Wow. Must say I'm surprised at the negative reactions. The "Love more, hate less" victory speech is viral now. It seems to resonate with most folks.

Well if it love you want then I'd LOVE to see her respect our flag and the men and women that died for it, and respect the office of the President of the US.

Hows that?

38 minutes ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

:wacko:   -  the 'negative' reactions from me is from Rapinoe's own words and 'real' hate. So I am supposed to jump up and down in joy on what junk she says about the president and our country - falsely says mind you??? She's a hypocrite.  

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I guess I REALLY don't pay attention to sports.

I did not know about this thing with "Rapinoe".

We cannot even talk about women’s soccer anymore without it being politicized. All because the team captain is a lesbian.

In other news? I’m doing all my hardware shopping at Home Depot now! :P

It has nothing to do with her being a lesbian half of the team is. It has to do with her open hatred of the country she claims to represent and the office of the President 

1 hour ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

She says one thing but her actions belay a hypocrite. She wraps herself in the American flag but won't honor the symbol of our country, our military or the President, in fact, she goes out of here way to dishonor the flag.

Many things resonate. Her speech is meaningless due to her actions. Resonate, yeah, like a fart in a Church.

1 minute ago, Henry T Harrison said:

It has nothing to do with her being a lesbian half of the team is. It has to do with her open hatred of the country she claims to represent and the office of the President 

What he ^^^^^^ said

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep, when the one with the biggest mouth becomes the leader of the band........by the way, anyone remember the "Dixie Chicks"? I didn't think so.

Trying to come back:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dixie-chicks-confirm-new-album

I will not be buying their album and will turn the radio station when they play their garbage.

What ever happened to being an entertainer and keeping your opinion to yourself?

9 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Trying to come back:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dixie-chicks-confirm-new-album

I will not be buying their album and will turn the radio station when they play their garbage.

What ever happened to being an entertainer and keeping your opinion to yourself?

Laura Ingraham, a political pundit on Fox and really smart lady, wrote a book about 10 yrs ago titled, "Shut up and Sing"!!! ;) She recently was taken over the coals for telling LeBron James to "Shut up and dribble"!! :lol: He said the POTUS was an idiot and he would never go to the WH and blah blah blah!!

After saying yes to Dem’s invite to Capital Hiill, she’s quoted as saying” i’ll met with people who agree with me”. Problem with the world today, your either with me or against me. Doesn’t jive with “ Love more, hate less” 

And yes what happened to entertainers just keeping their opinions to themselves.  

46 minutes ago, Arkansas Jim 107095 said:

After saying yes to Dem’s invite to Capital Hiill, she’s quoted as saying” i’ll met with people who agree with me”. Problem with the world today, your either with me or against me. Doesn’t jive with “ Love more, hate less” 

And yes what happened to entertainers just keeping their opinions to themselves.  

If you never meet with people who don’t agree with you how will you ever convince then to agree?

This extreme polarization and Division will be the death of this country. :(

3 hours ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

Maybe she should practice what she preaches. Had she and the team gone to the Whitehouse it would have had much more impact with more Americans. She is exactly what she condemns.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

IThis extreme polarization and Division will be the death of this country. :(

I +1 this sentiment.  I think the accomplishment the women did was grand.  I think using it to politicize something that should stay "in house" is stupid.

People need to remember that is their right and duty to criticize a president and/or a policy they disagree with, but at the same time they need to respect and defend the office of the President of the United States especially when outside the country.

5 hours ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

The "Love more, hate less" victory speech is viral now. It seems to resonate with most folks.

Have you ever noticed that, in general, those who say things like 'Love more, hate less" usually come out with that line while preaching hate against the US, or the president, or Christians, or conservatives, or gun owners?

3 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

All because the team captain is a lesbian.

I believe that has almost nothing to do with it. Look at how many people are calling the lady who scooped the flag off the ground after one of her team mates threw it on the ground a hero, even though in most of the same photo sets you see her kissing her girlfriend.

The issue, I think, is with someone who wears our colors, representing our republic, using the world stage to perpetuate a "protest" that is based on lies.  And, that she is a foul mouthed, lying, professional victim, and hate monger.  Who or what she sleeps with is small potatoes.

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Have you ever noticed that, in general, those who say things like 'Love more, hate less" usually come out with that line while preaching hate against the US, or the president, or Christians, or conservatives, or gun owners?

I believe that has almost nothing to do with it. Look at how many people are calling the lady who scooped the flag off the ground after one of her team mates threw it on the ground a hero, even though in most of the same photo sets you see her kissing her girlfriend.

The issue, I think, is with someone who wears our colors, representing our republic, using the world stage to perpetuate a "protest" that is based on lies.  And, that she is a foul mouthed, lying, professional victim, and hate monger.  Who or what she sleeps with is small potatoes.

Thats the small picture bud.... Lesbians have a political agenda! This country was founded by crusty misogynistic rascist white men..... of which Trump is now the poster child for!

So of course she throws old glory on the ground. She feels justified!

If we don’t start teaching history and some patriotism in our youth? And start stomping the crap out of dissenters? We ain’t gonna have a country left. 

4 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Read my above post.  Being a lesbian immediately makes you a social justice warrior against the “oppression” of a long line of misogynistic white men back to the beginning...

35 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

And start stomping the crap out of dissenters?

A cure worse than the disease.   Imagine,  if you will,  what would happen in  CA, NY, and some others if Newsom et al. took that position.   Bad enough their unofficial use of the black-clad Brownshirts to stifle free speech. 

31 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Read my above post.  Being a lesbian immediately makes you a social justice warrior against the “oppression” of a long line of misogynistic white men back to the beginning...

Um...no.  I  know a fair number that hate the loud, vulgarian SJWs and wish they would just shut up.    That the press has decided that they are all radicals is another of the Big Lies. 

8 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A cure worse than the disease.   Imagine,  if you will,  what would happen in  CA, NY, and some others if Newsom et al. took that position.   Bad enough their unofficial use of the black-clad Brownshirts to stifle free speech. 

Not at all. Sometimes with cancer you have to amputate. And your right, they already use Antifa by proxy. If Antifa was beating up Patriots in 1776 what do think would have happened? If they were burning the Betsy Ross flag what would have happened?

Our utter lack of any resolve to counter them and take our streets back? Only emboldens them. At some point? You have to make a stand.

Um...no.  I  know a fair number that hate the loud, vulgarian SJWs and wish they would just shut up.    That the press has decided that they are all radicals is another of the Big Lies. 

I respect you and I respect your opinion. And I’m glad you know some who are patriotic. But in my experience with them?  They are anything but....

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

She says one thing but her actions belay a hypocrite. She wraps herself in the American flag but won't honor the symbol of our country, our military or the President, in fact, she goes out of here way to dishonor the flag.

Many things resonate. Her speech is meaningless due to her actions. Resonate, yeah, like a fart in a Church.

.....On a wooden pew!     

..........Widder

Their athletic accomplishment is laudable. A fine victory against the best in the world. They are to be congratulated for that.

It’s a shame that accomplishment has been used as to promote a personal agenda. But that’s the way of the world these days.

Archived