SASS Wire Forum

Leather

JohnWesleyHardin

Nope. Safety, safety, safety. Do what you do safely and all will be well.

I do suggest that when you re-arm, go to the LT and place pistols on the table, secure belt and then holster.

They can find a way out of them holsters at the worst time...

I have the Mernickle SG belt and I push my shells down below the leather shelf (the rims sit just above the loop) between Stages  and then set them on the shelf as part of my loading routine at the LT.

Do I sometimes forget and have to dig them out of the belt, what do you think:blush:

HPSG2REF1.jpg

13 hours ago, JohnWesleyHardin said:

One thing I love about cowboy shooting is suspenders!  I wish they would come back in style.

I wear them all the time. I couldn’t care less what the fashion police thought. 

Thinking about it, if it got their panties in a knot it would make me smile. 

I rotate my shotgun belt around backwards after I'm done with a stage and refill my empty loops. 

Just remember to rotate it back around before giving the line at the next stage. :ph34r:

I also place my revolvers in the cart between stages. 

I remove my shotgun belt. Leave gun belt on and put pistols in holsters on gun cart to lessen the weight. Unless...We are shooting in order and I'm the first shooter then I take both off cuz it's gonna be awhile before I shoot last on the next stage. 

Hope to see you tomorrow at Zen Shootists. 

On 7/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, JohnWesleyHardin said:

I drop shotgun shells while working posse duties.  Is there any rule against removing your belts between shooting stages?

None that I know…But if you take it off, just remember to put it on when you shot the stage…You might feel like a complete A##

Texas Lizard

Archived