SASS Wire Forum

The Life Of An Enfield

Subdeacon Joe

Rats! Can’t get holt of my pics for some reason. Stupid IPad!

There she is!

7433331D-D094-4530-83E0-ABFAA5266CD3.jpeg

No no! Yer British Impression is all wrong.... all wrong I say! Those pants are late war pattern pants and the shirt... well it looks like it was made in a Thailand sweat shop. Obviously not 7 count stitching!  And the helmet is painted the wrong shade of green completely!

(Anyone who has ever re-enacted will find humor in this)

SMLE: Boer War; WWI; WWII and Korea and a lot of other skirmishes.

25 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

As a fella I used to re-enact CW with said about his aluminum tent poles, “If they woulda had em, they woulda used em”. :lol:

Sold mine so I could by my first lever action for SASS :(  Was a wonderful and fun rifle.  Was a No.4 Mark II  South African Armory markings . Always drew attention from the spray and pray AR guys when I was banging the gong way out there with iron sights...

DSC_0066.jpg

20 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

No no! Yer British Impression is all wrong.... all wrong I say! Those pants are late war pattern pants and the shirt... well it looks like it was made in a Thailand sweat shop. Obviously not 7 count stitching!  And the helmet is painted the wrong shade of green completely!

(Anyone who has ever re-enacted will find humor in this)

Ow about me authentic Aussie impression? :P

2B8E41A0-4A5A-494F-88B4-354DEB3A7B58.jpeg

I've got a Savage. Gave my son another. A Fazarkersly? Some dang thing like that. Both No.4 Mk1s. A good friend has a jungle carbine he bought mail order back in the day. Cost him 36.00. Hit my shoulder like an axe. Two shots was enough for me.

Archived