SASS Wire Forum

Track of the Wolf Nipples?

Eyesa Horg

I need to change out the stock nipples on a pair of Pietta 1860 Colt Army revolvers I just acquired. What do those of you whom are experienced with C&B ( new game for me! )think of the Track nipples for #11 caps? The catalog hype sounds good and quite a bit cheaper than Treso or Slix

Do wolf nipples even leave tracks? 

Seriously, I've used a lot of Tracks parts, and put together a couple of their Hawken rifle kits.  Never have experienced any problems with any of it.  Good, precise shooting rifles, and few if any issues.  

If in doubt, you could just order and try them.  If they don't work out, it won't break the bank.  Mine work fine.  

Thanks folks. I tried #10 CCI caps and they wouldn't go far enough onto the stock nips to rotate the cylinder. #11 Rems fit good except on 2 nips they just kept falling off if the gun was tilted up.

I've put Slix on every Cap Gun I have ever built.  Except, when I started out with Cap Guns, I tried Treso.  Didn't have stelar luck.  Switched to Slix and never looked back.  

PLUS ONE too irish ike.  Slix, Treso, (OEM {BARF}), Gen up some sort of "stick" to final seat your caps for reliable ignition.

I've got a mix of Treso and SlixShot cones on various pairs of percussion guns.  #10 Remington caps out of a snail capper works fine on all of them.  I don't use a push stick, pressure on the back capper is sufficient to seat the cap

Does anyone know what happened to Treso Nipples? They were supposedly moving to somewhere here in Montana....I really liked the nipples that they made.

Bugler

3 minutes ago, Bugler said:

Does anyone know what happened to Treso Nipples? They were supposedly moving to somewhere here in Montana....I really liked the nipples that they made.

Bugler

Not sure, but I've bought 8 sets lately on ebay so they are no doubt back in production somewhere.

We're not supposed to post ebay links, but if you search for, Treso Ampco Nipples Italian revolvers set Nipples 6x.75mm threads 11-50-106, you'll find them. The seller is: pilgrimagearts

I've been using the Polish Capper with Slix nipples and have had no issues.

Not a paid testimony, just a happy customer.

Archived