SASS Wire Forum

Penalty question

Bugler

I thought I knew the answer to this question, but now am not so sure as the Handbooks/RO1-2 don't quite address this......

Shooter is done with SxS shotgun, action is open and clear, no casings in chamber.... but hammers are cocked.....

What say you....this happened at a local match a few months ago and was treated ( correctly I think) as a no call.

Bugler

Of course there's no call. Hammers are cocked as soon as you open an internal hammer gun. External hammer gun, no problem either - most folks cock the hammers before leaving the loading table.

Confirms what I was thinking....

Thanks!

Bugler

was asked by a new or nearly new shooter. A friend of mine was TO and made the call as NO Call.....

Bugler

4 hours ago, Bugler said:

I thought I knew the answer to this question, but now am not so sure as the Handbooks/RO1-2 don't quite address this......

Shooter is done with SxS shotgun, action is open and clear, no casings in chamber.... but hammers are cocked.....

What say you....this happened at a local match a few months ago and was treated ( correctly I think) as a no call.

Bugler

Shooters handbook page 16

A shotgun is considered SAFE to leave the shooter’s hands in the following condition only:

- Empty.

As far as it goes, an '87 or a '97 is cocked when the action is fully opened.

52 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I must be the lone wolf on this:

call:  icing the puck

15 yards and red card to shooter

And a technical, followed with a free kick

Archived