SASS Wire Forum

Boots

As 

I wore out my beloved jump boots decades ago I was looking for a replacement pair for burial (or party) use. So I find them on line.........But do to the warning I’m reluctant to purchase. Don’t wanna get toe cancer. :rolleyes::wacko:

WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

14 minutes ago, Shotgun Clay said:

My solution is to not go to California.

They’re shipped from California. Ironic isn’t it. :blink::lol:

:ph34r:  ALL  items sold in CA must be Prop. 65 compliant.  You would be surprised at what things are deemed carcinogenic by CA.  Everything coming into my store from vendors out of state must have the compliance sticker affixed.  Would you believe the revered P-38  GI can opener must be so labeled?  Clothing items, stainless cook wear, carabiners, sunglasses, knife sheaths, fastex buckles, leather belts.......and on and on.

There are lawyers running around searching retailer's shelves for items not properly labeled so they can file suit and 'protect' the public....

7 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  ALL  items sold in CA must be Prop. 65 compliant.  You would be surprised at what things are deemed carcinogenic by CA.  Everything coming into my store from vendors out of state must have the compliance sticker affixed.  Would you believe the revered P-38  GI can opener must be so labeled?  Clothing items, stainless cook wear, carabiners, sunglasses, knife sheaths, fastex buckles, leather belts.......and on and on.

There are lawyers running around searching retailer's shelves for items not properly labeled so they can file suit and 'protect' the public....

:angry::angry:

5 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

That label, should be branded on the forehead of all Demo-rats in Sac. :lol:

OLG

20 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

UB-If you have not had dealings with LAPG in the past.

Please note, they are a PITA to deal with on returns/defective and such.

BTDT-won't shop there again........

OLG

I know. Wasn’t planning to use them specifically.

27 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Calipers, micrometers, end mills, reamers, drill bits, bar steel, to name a few.

Reminds me of Grandpa Jones on Hee Haw.

“Hey Grandpa. What’s for supper”

Hey Grandpa. What gives ya cancer?

Well,  we got calipers, drill bits, end mills and reamers

Nuts, screws, and bolts and them nice German Beemers

Faucets, flip flops, pool cues and Jump Boots

Doorknobs, yo-yos, dachshunds, and old coots

Probably key chains, fish nets and ski poles

I certainly hope not hot cinnamon roles!

Now come Christmas time with ole Dancer and Prancer

I’m afraid old Saint Nick just might give ya cancer

So in old Californy you just live with the dread

Anything that you touch can kill ya stone dead

Dang!

I really believe that manufacturers put the waring on their product because it is easier and cheaper than conducting the testing required to prove that said item did not contain any of the millions of possible carcinogens. 

I believe this warning is all products sold in the USA.    

9 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

As I said before...certain political types realized something was wrong with them and their families so they came up with this label to warn future gene pool members before it was too late... problem is, it’s too late...

Archived