SASS Wire Forum

Arithmetic Challenge at Starbucks

Barista asks five police officers to leave... because one other customer felt uneasy...?  :huh:

Other than being downright rude, you'd think that simple math might've figured into the situation.  Lessee here... one paying millennial or five paying LEO's...  thinking.gif

Doh!  doh!.gif

Starbucks Boots Police Officers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our society continues to deteriorate.

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Our society continues to deteriorate.

Yes it does.    Its SAD in the manner which our LEO's are treated and disrespected.

..........Widder

The Chief of that department needs to send a letter informing this CS outfit that none of his people would ever again set foot in the place unless they had a verifiable  emergency .....and they would have wait until they could round up volunteers from the cops in the department.

I know our LEO's are too honorable and dedicated to ever do this, but, there are times when I wish the police would tell a certain group or community, "If you don't want us here, then fine. From no on you are on your own. Don't call us, call someone else."  Know it will never happen, but I sometimes amuse myself picturing the expression on said peoples face when they are told this! :lol::lol:

28 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

I know our LEO's are too honorable and dedicated to ever do this, but, there are times when I wish the police would tell a certain group or community, "If you don't want us here, then fine. From no on you are on your own. Don't call us, call someone else."  Know it will never happen, but I sometimes amuse myself picturing the expression on said peoples face when they are told this! :lol::lol:

When you’re a cop, you have to learn to bite your tongue a lot.

Let's see....if I go into a Starbucks and see someone with a Che shirt (violent, murderous, thug) can I say I feel unsafe and have that person ejected?
If I see a supporter of The Bern, can I have that person removed because it was a Bernie Bro that tried to assassinate the GOP congressional baseball team, therefore all Bernie supporters are violent?

If I see someone sporting a "Resist" button, can I complain that it makes me feel unsafe because the violent Antifa thugs riot and commit arson as part of their resistance?

20 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Let's see....if I go into a Starbucks and see someone with a Che shirt (violent, murderous, thug) can I say I feel unsafe and have that person ejected?
If I see a supporter of The Bern, can I have that person removed because it was a Bernie Bro that tried to assassinate the GOP congressional baseball team, therefore all Bernie supporters are violent?

If I see someone sporting a "Resist" button, can I complain that it makes me feel unsafe because the violent Antifa thugs riot and commit arson as part of their resistance?

That‘s the problem, you see, us more “conservative” types are more accepting of others than these douchebags are, in general. 

Maybe we need to change that...

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That‘s the problem, you see, us more “conservative” types are more accepting of others than these douchebags are, in general. 

Maybe we need to change that...

NO.  I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one, Pat.  We don't want to stoop to their level.  We have to work at ways to outsmart them.  We must never stoop to their level.  Fighting them on their grounds will surely be the end of civilization as we know it.

20 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

NO.  I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one, Pat.  We don't want to stoop to their level.  

Put an Olympic boxer against a MMA (assuming roughly equal skills in their respective sport) each playing by their own rules and the boxer will be beaten to a pulp.  Sometimes it is necessary to use your opponents' rules against them.

18 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Why would you? -_-

If they have Yirgacheffe on tap it is usually pretty good.  

34 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Why would you? -_-

OLG

They have a Mini Starbucks in our supermarket. I'll get a cup every now and then. It beats McDonalds. And the lady in charge is nice. She used to work in the store's deli and always gave me the best slices of turkey.

If I was in a city (God forbid) would I go into one? Probably not.

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

NO.  I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one, Pat.  We don't want to stoop to their level.  We have to work at ways to outsmart them.  We must never stoop to their level.  Fighting them on their grounds will surely be the end of civilization as we know it.

One thing is for sure. What we have been doing isn’t working. 

54 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Sometimes it is necessary to use your opponents' rules against them.

That's what I meant by outsmart them.  A tit for tat approach will get us nowhere.

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

That's what I meant by outsmart them.  A tit for tat approach will get us nowhere.

AH!  See, I thought that when Pat wrote: 

"That‘s the problem, you see, us more “conservative” types are more accepting of others than these douchebags are, in general. 

Maybe we need to change that..."

he was saying we need to use their own playbook against them, and that you were saying "No" to it.

28 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

AH!  See, I thought that when Pat wrote: 

"That‘s the problem, you see, us more “conservative” types are more accepting of others than these douchebags are, in general. 

Maybe we need to change that..."

he was saying we need to use their own playbook against them, and that you were saying "No" to it.

My command of English has failed me again.  My apologies.  I interpreted Pat's statement to condone a tit for tat approach.  They bomb out building, we bomb their building.  That is what I was saying no to.  Now that you paraphrased hie comment, I understand what he was saying.  Yes, we need to use their tactics, not their violence. 

23 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

My command of English has failed me again.  My apologies.  I interpreted Pat's statement to condone a tit for tat approach.  They bomb out building, we bomb their building.  That is what I was saying no to.  Now that you paraphrased hie comment, I understand what he was saying.  Yes, we need to use their tactics, not their violence. 

I'm not saying that is what he meant, just my take on it.  Sometimes I think a little bit of "I thought he was going to hit me so I hit him back first" could go a long way to restoring civility.

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Joe has it right. Use their tactics against them. 

Alas I couldn’t in good conscience do that. None of the liberal things mentioned make me feel threatened or uneasy. Queasy is about the best I could do. :D

:ph34r:  I suspect the snowflake who felt uneasy because of LEO presence could have had outstanding warrants.  And if I were there and LEO, I'd certainly check when said 'victim of psychological offense' left the premises....  I'd even offer a nappy to dry his tears...

8 years of BHO berating law enforcement. What do you expect?

:angry:

14 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

8 years of BHO berating law enforcement. What do you expect?

:angry:

It started long before him though.

This, along with Kyrsten Sinema elected as Senator, is further proof how many liberals have migrated into AZ.

They flee CA with their inflated housing profits, feral children and bull-puckey liberal politics.
Then they turn their new home into the same hell hole they just left.

Beto the Fake Mexican is proof of this in Texas.

We're talking about this one store. Let's not get our undies in a bunch, there's a couple of Starbucks stores 'round here that I go to occasionally just to get a cup to go and I've seen cops sitting in there and being treated respectfully. One of them even gives them a free coffee now and then.:o

I hope cops are still a different breed. Back in my day if that had happen and the next day help was needed at that Starbucks, we would get there as fast as possible. Cops have always been treated like this and just expected with the job. If you don't like it, not the job for you. The job is to protect and serve, not the other way around. We are outsiders and why we feel comfortable around our own. We are not your friend, we are to enforce the laws. We are not your psychiatrist and don't care what your problems are, our only interest is if you broke the law. We are on duty 24/7 and carry a gun at all times. That gun is a part of us like an extension of our arm and take better care of it. 

When you need us, we will be there.

( and yes, I do know how times have sadly changed. This was back in my days which was a long time ago.)

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Alas I couldn’t in good conscience do that. None of the liberal things mentioned make me feel threatened or uneasy. Queasy is about the best I could do. :D

Feeling queasy makes me uneasy. So, maybe I stretch the truth a little...

18 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The Chief of that department needs to send a letter informing this CS outfit that none of his people would ever again set foot in the place unless they had a verifiable  emergency .....and they would have wait until they could round up volunteers from the cops in the department.

18 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Back when I was a kid, and the long haired maggot infested dope smoking types were protesting the "Pigs", there was a saying,

"If you don't like Cops, next time you're in trouble call a hippie".

Actually, an excellent response for Law Enforcement in situations such as that would be "We'll leave, but remember, if you call for help, we'll still come back." Sort of lays it out there for the employees and the tools that don't want officers around.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

This, along with Kyrsten Sinema elected as Senator, is further proof how many liberals have migrated into AZ.

They flee CA with their inflated housing profits, feral children and bull-puckey liberal politics.
Then they turn their new home into the same hell hole they just left.

Beto the Fake Mexican is proof of this in Texas.

They are all not just from California any more...believe me. Look into why North Carolina is now a “blue” state. (In my opinion the colors should be reversed...better dead than red, if you get my drift.)

Leftists (and I didn’t say a political party so chill the heck out you certain political party types) abhor a vacuum. It’s in their nature. If there is an area they haven’t infected they must infect it. Most of the time they go because “it’s the safest city in the US” or “the economy is booming” and then they tell a friend or friends and then after there are enough of them they reminisce and want to be home so rather than go the #%$& home where they belong they work to destroy where they are and turn it into home. Then when it becomes home - a $#%&hole that no longer resembles what it once was - they move on to infect another area and they take their off-spring.

Like I said, more conservative types are too nice and accepting sometimes. 

Smokin D,

I think the conversation is about the PC wussification of a seemingly growing proportion of the general public which tends to create problems out of nothing. LE has always dealt with society's problems and in the vast majority of cases quite effectively.  The problem here is the additional problems LE faces daily due to people being easily offended by X, Y and Z and thinking if they cry loud and long enough they'll get their way. LE does not need the distraction of PC crybaby BS with the already difficult job they do.

Cops as you say, have always been treated a different way, but their job just gets more difficult as time progresses but society regresses in certain ways. Law enforcement sure ain't the job for individuals with a weak constitution or thin skin. Society sure does not need to make their lives more difficult along the way.

Pat,

Are you saying leftists are parasites?

I'd agree 100%.

;)

56 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Pat,

Are you saying leftists are parasites?

I'd agree 100%.

;)

Nope. Cancer. ;)

Archived