SASS Wire Forum

SOLD::Colt Series 70 Stainless 45 ACP for Wild Bunch

This gun is new in the original box. Comes with the two magazines that came with it. I bought it hoping to shoot WB but it is just not available in my area. This gun has never been fired. These are a new release from Colt mfg.

850.00 plus 25.00 shipping FFL to FFL.

No trades.

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

A Colt stainless Series 70!

Nice 1911!

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I really wish I could buy this. I don't hate California as much as many folks do, but there are times that I come close.

Is this a California issue with this particular 1911 not having a drop safety or something?

2 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Is this a California issue with this particular 1911 not having a drop safety or something?

California has a roster of approved guns that each manufacturer has to submit every few years (I'm not entirely sure on the timeline here). Fortunately, all single actions are exempt from the roster. Anyway, Colt's dropped it's entire auto lineup from the roster and still hasn't bothered renewing it. So getting another Colt 1911 is near impossible, unless it goes through a private party transfer.

That's why I bought both my kid's Kimbers 5 years ago. I still need to have them shoot them. We are working on  9mm's right now.

That is a nice looking gun and I'd get it if I had the spare cash right now.  Picked up a Rock Armory in early June for WB and started making better groups with it out of the box than I have been with my Sig P320C everyday carry...  (Being left handed I've always resisted getting a 1911, but I wanted to be able to do the occasional WB side match..)

All the Colt 1911s I have owned or do own were and are all top quality and very accurate. This would be a great WB gun or CCW piece for a 1911 lover.

8 hours ago, Red Eye Jim said:

That is a nice looking gun and I'd get it if I had the spare cash right now.  Picked up a Rock Armory in early June for WB and started making better groups with it out of the box than I have been with my Sig P320C everyday carry...  (Being left handed I've always resisted getting a 1911, but I wanted to be able to do the occasional WB side match..)

Shoot Wild Bunch as the main match. 

Many clubs will let you shoot the CB match WB or Pike as they call it up at Cajon. You might get something going that way. At the Cajon match last week on our posse there were 3 WB or Pike shooters.

Archived