SASS Wire Forum

WTS Early Navy Arms (US Made) 1860 Henry .44-40

My good fortune is your good fortune.  I just got my Henry Repeating Arms H011 "Classic 1860 Henry" to do a Cowboy Chronicle article on, so I don't need my very early Navy Arms 1860 Henry .44-40.  This 1860 Henry  was made in the US by Val Forget Jr. of Navy Arms around 1976, before Uberti started making 1860 Henry in 1979.  Though figures are not exact, less than 3,000 were made by Navy Arms, with only about 500-1,000 (depending on the source you read) being the 24" standard model in .44-40.  The rest were 22" Carbine models, a few in .44 Rimfire, and various presentation models.  This is a great shooter and great collector piece.  It is the second, American made Henry (the first being the originals made by New Haven Arms, and the third being the current Henry Repeating Arms Classic).

Condition is 99% +, as it was unfired when I got it.  I have used it at about 6 or 7 matches, so a few minor dings on stock and small marks on brass. It is dead nuts on at 25 yards. Stock is beautiful American Black Walnut with oil finish.  Dimensions of this Navy Arms is closer to the original than the Uberti made ones.  Top of barrel Marked "Henry's Patent Oct 16, 1860, manufactured by Navy Arms Co. Ridgefield N.J."  Serial number A262, marked .44-40.  Pictures accurately show condition, but stock is actually darker brown that the digital photos show.

It has an advantage over the Uberti 1860 that black powder shooters will appreciate.  Rather than the Uberti's both side plates having to  be driven out to disassemble, the Navy Arms Henry uses an 1866 style single side plate screw to disassemble,  MUCH easier to clean after shooting black powder than an Uberti.

PRICE $895.00 plus $50 shipping and insurance to your FFL.   USPS postal money order or p@y p@l friends and family ONLY

xcHKXFV.jpg

FGVMeSt.jpg

IspZv8O.jpg

u1kzCuG.jpg

A1cf9kz.jpg

Archived