SASS Wire Forum

LIKE NEW! Evil Roy .357 SASS New Vaqueros, Mernickle Crossdraw Rig, Stoeger 12ga Coach Gun

1. Pair of Ruger SASS New Vaqueros, .357, 4.62"; STAINLESS finish; tuned and jeweled by Evil Roy; Rosewood Eagle Gunfighter II grips (includes original black checkered SASS grips); bought new Mar 18; $1800.

2. Mernickle QC1 REF1 "Quick Cal Shooting System"; Right Hand strong-side and cross-draw; 45" hip, Black, Border tooled with Montana Silver Star Diamonds; fits Ruger SASS NV .357, 4.62"; bought new Mar 18 (worn twice); $400

3. Stoeger 12ga SxS Coach Gun; 20" barrel, STAINLESS finish; action job by Coyote Cap; Longhunter Tungsten firing pins; auto safety disconnected; main spring lightened; opens farther for easy loading; bought used Apr 18; $450

Sadly, I'm giving up CAS. I purchased all this gear in early 2018 and never competed. I've taken the .357s to the range twice (about 75 rounds each TOTAL) and the SxS once (perhaps 20 rounds). They all performed flawlessly. I simply don't have the time and hate to see them just sit in my safe.

Lower 48 FFL-to-FFL only. Prices do not include ACTUAL SHIPPING and INSURANCE… unless you buy all three for $2650, then I’ll pay S&I to your FFL.

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

Interested in the Stoeger.  Does it matter about the 3” chamber to use 2-3/4 shells?  Can email me at leephl@yahoo.com

Folks,

As I mentioning in the original ad, I've not fired the Stoeger much at all. So, I took it out yesterday morning to run a few rounds through it. During one iteration, it popped open after I pulled the first trigger. It only happened once, but it shouldn't have happened at all. I'm fairly certain I had it locked closed. I need to make sure something ain't more worn than it ought to be. It locks up nice and tight... zero play. I suspect it may be I didn't get it shut all the way. I'll take it out again tomorrow and see if it happens again, being careful to watch for that. I'll post the results tomorrow.

FYI: Idaho Bob has first dibs on the Stoeger, then down the line in order from there.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Mark

Well, dang. The Stoeger closes up nice and tight, but pops open after almost every shot. I have no idea what's wrong with it and I'm not a "break it open to find out" kinda guy.

I can take it to my smith and get it fixed... in which case I'll probably want to hang on to it a while to play with it (and get some of my money out if it), or I can open it up to offers.

Any thoughts?

Mark

This is not an uncommon problem with stoeger doubles in our game.   The spring that operates the lever that opens the action of the shotgun is probably a little to week or the part that holds the gun closed is not fitted well.   A stronger spring will probably fix the issue.  I would contact the person that did the action job and let them know what the problem is   Bullett 19707

Maybe your shotguns loads are too stout.

I've seen many Stogers crack open.  especially with factory loads.  Not sure what the proper fix is.  I used a borrowed stoger my first couple of matches that did just that. Kinda learned how to hold it closed! 

I believe the pistols & Stoeger are stainless, as opposed to nickle finish, correct?

FYI - on the back side of the buckle end of your gunbelt there should be a stamped number. That number tells you the length of the belt. i.e. #44 means a  44” belt.   What is that # on your belt?

9F55241F-F27A-41B2-A677-3F24E8F2C643.jpeg

My Stoeger did the same thing.  The first smith that worked on it took a little to much off of the locking lug and it was opening on me 2  or more times a match.  I gave it to Lassiter and he added a little weld , reshaped and polished it for me.  Now she locks up tighter than a bank fault and is slicker than ever.

9 hours ago, Deadshot Dan said:

My Stoeger did the same thing.  The first smith that worked on it took a little to much off of the locking lug and it was opening on me 2  or more times a match.  I gave it to Lassiter and he added a little weld , reshaped and polished it for me.  Now she locks up tighter than a bank fault and is slicker than ever.

Dan, you mind sharing what the fix cost? I need to sell and have to decide whether to fix it or price it accordingly.

Archived