SASS Wire Forum

CZ Hammer Classic SXS trigger malfunction.

Chert Rock Chuck

CZ Hammer Classic SXS.
Left/rear trigger malfunctioning, anyone have an issue with this before?
 Pulls but doesn't drop hammer, stays depressed and accepts second pull, which drops hammer...and with sufficient energy to fire factory ammo.
Won't be able to open it up and look for a couple days. Any insight as to possible cause for no-fire?

Have you taken the locks out and put them back in? 

If you didn't push the triggers forward when putting them back in,  the sear leg on the lock will push the top of the trigger in instead of going above it.  

I've not done anything to the gun. It is box-stock with a few hundred rounds through it now as a first year cowboy shooter.

Never an issue before now. I'm hoping it's just something that's worked loose. (I did recently have to retighten the collets/yokes around firing pins, as they had worked loose and were backing out.)

Figures, I just picked up a new Stoeger and sent it to a smith for some spring and chamber work. I told myself I could rely on the trusty ole hammer gun until I got it back. Murphy says differently.....

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

CZ-USA seems to be willing to repair their guns under warranty.   

I know I can send it back, just rather not if it's simply a loose screw or broken spring that I can manage.  I'm pretty competent in a general respect as to disassembly/assembly without undue wear or otherwise damage to anything. 

On the other side of that coin, I don't want/intend to do anything at this point to void warranty as it is unmodified in any way.

4 hours ago, July Smith said:

The one screw that holds both side plates on is likely loose.

Nothing outwardly visible.  Only one screw in the rear end of the left side lock, (the one in question) everything else (except the hammers) is (appears to be)  pinned.

All appears as normal.

I did see a video of a trigger issue similar to mine in a Century being caused by a screw in the safety having backed out a bit, causing interference. (same side as mine)

4 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Have you taken the locks out and put them back in? 

If you didn't push the triggers forward when putting them back in,  the sear leg on the lock will push the top of the trigger in instead of going above it.  

Just had the chance to watch this. Haven't had time to investigate in any way until no,didn't know how to get it apart yet, thanks.

(Wonder what this sold for under this brand 10yrs ago, it's definitely the same gun.)

6 hours ago, Chertrock Chuck said:

Just had the chance to watch this. Haven't had time to investigate in any way until no,didn't know how to get it apart yet, thanks.

(Wonder what this sold for under this brand 10yrs ago, it's definitely the same gun.)

The Liberty and Liberty II,  to the best of my research,  was imported by KBI.  The first Liberty were made in Spain and didn't have a good reputation.  The later Liberty II was made in Turkey and marked Akkar. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/01/30/charles-daly-kbi-gone-out-of-business/

13 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

The Liberty and Liberty II,  to the best of my research,  was imported by KBI.  The first Liberty were made in Spain and didn't have a good reputation.  The later Liberty II was made in Turkey and marked Akkar. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/01/30/charles-daly-kbi-gone-out-of-business/

That is also my understanding, although I didn't know who imported the first Liberty.  I have the Liberty II.  To complicate things some, the Liberty II box was red, white, and blue and said Liberty II, but the Shotgun itself just says Liberty on it.  So if someone is looking at one, look for where it was made.

BTW, does anyone remember the Uberti hammered shotgun?  They made danged few of those!

Archived