SASS Wire Forum

I like that they have done it, but it gives me great pause.   I have the same problem with it that I do with sanctuary cities for illegal aliens; or states "legalizing" marijuana; you can't declare something to be legal that is against the law at a higher level.  

I also worry that the State Police, or whatever the California version of it is called, will head to Needles to round up people violating state law.  Does that make them hypocrites?  Absolutely.  But I can see some gun hating liberal governor issuing orders for them to do so.   

I just would not want to risk my freedom as a test case.   Call me paranoid, even though I'd prefer you'd call me HKU

32 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I like that they have done it, but it gives me great pause.   I have the same problem with it that I do with sanctuary cities for illegal aliens; or states "legalizing" marijuana; you can't declare something to be legal that is against the law at a higher level.  ...

I can certainly understand that.  But in this instance, I think it is a case of giving the State lawmakers a taste of their own medicine.  I love it!

41 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I like that they have done it, but it gives me great pause.   I have the same problem with it that I do with sanctuary cities for illegal aliens; or states "legalizing" marijuana; you can't declare something to be legal that is against the law at a higher level.  

You mean like states that do not follow the U. S.  Constitution?

We live in sad times.

We have a hodgepodge of contradictory laws across this  country. When any government entity restricts the basic rights we formed our country under or subverts the authority of the states to govern within that framework we must  disagree. And if as is the case our own governments have instilled  fear to prevent any push back , legal actions such as this one bring the case out where it can be heard.

So Bravo from me as well.

I have a brother who lives close to LA. That said I really have no use for the cities and love the rest of the state. I would love to see City States like in old Italy during the renaissance. And have them petition to be added to the United States and be refused. That way we could have California back, let the city states go down economically and California could buy them back at a cheap price. 

Ooops sorry just woke up from a dream!  Didn’t know I could type sleeping. My prayers and thoughts for the earthquake victims. 

1 hour ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

I have a brother who lives close to LA. That said I really have no use for the cities and love the rest of the state. I would love to see City States like in old Italy during the renaissance. And have them petition to be added to the United States and be refused. That way we could have California back, let the city states go down economically and California could buy them back at a cheap price. 

Ooops sorry just woke up from a dream!  Didn’t know I could type sleeping. My prayers and thoughts for the earthquake victims. 

Haha that’s pretty funny right there. The worlds 7th largest economy and 80% of all food grown needs the rest of the country far less than the country needs it. 

Back on topic though, I’m going to have to take a trip to needles now and walk around heeled for awhile. 

I'm glad to say, that our county is happily Conservative. Every year, the Serbs (there is a huge Serbian community) go to main street Jackson and shoot SGs in the air. There is only a hotel between that and the police department.

Sheriff John D. D'agostini has said, February 2019, that he will not allow the enforcement of laws that are contrary to the Constitution.

10 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'm glad to say, that our county is happily Conservative. Every year, the Serbs (there is a huge Serbian community) go to main street Jackson and shoot SGs in the air. There is only a hotel between that and the police department.

Sheriff John D. D'agostini has said, February 2019, that he will not allow the enforcement of laws that are contrary to the Constitution.

I think I stayed at Jackson last state match. Maybe in that hotel?

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Thanks, Allie. I am pretty sure I tired to book there, but it was all booked up that weekend. Maybe next year

The Murieta Inn and Spa is even closer to the Range. They have a nice restaurant. I've had lunch there twice now.

Two of our shooters stayed there and seemed to like it.

Archived