SASS Wire Forum

Have You Ever Known A Murderer

Yul Lose

I forgot one that I knew over in Arizona. He worked at a car dealership and sold used cars and I bought one from him as did a few fellow employees. I can’t recall the timeframe precisely but I was watching the news in Phoenix one evening and they had the guys picture up and he had killed his daughter and her friend, both in their teens and then killed himself. He was in a custody battle with the ex-wife.

I'm a retired LEO, so...yeah, I've known a few.  None of them were savory characters.  None of them were friends. 

I have known several people, both in the military and LEOs, who took human life legitimately.  So, killers, yes, but not murderers.

The Kehoe brothers are from my neck of the woods. We have got some real bad elements hiding out in the mountains up here. And the whole Randy Weaver thing happened just inside Idaho. And there are others....

https://www.atf.gov/our-history/kehoe-brothers

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:13 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Does voluntary manslaughter count?

Played a few games of pool with Claude Dallas at the Alvord Ranch during their centennial celebration in '71.
I was working at Whitehorse Ranch at the time.

Interesting book about Dallas

22 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I have known several people, both in the military and LEOs, who took human life legitimately.  So, killers, yes, but not murderers.

I was wondering if people counted that.

I have known a few acquaintances or others that I have met briefly. Wife's ex boyfriend killed his wife and self in a McDonald's parking lot, leaving the baby in the car. Another friend of my wife's husband left a newborn in the car when he stopped to visit a friend. Ended up playing games and forgot about the kid. Oh and I did meet Laura Bush once. Does that count?

Just now, Black Angus McPherson said:

"friend of my wife's husband"???  Isn't that you?  Or is there something you're not telling us?  :unsure::D

Angus

No, it's the husband that is married to my wife's friend.

When I was a teenager I worked for my dad in his butcher shop. We had a repeat customer who was a white supremacist ( he even dressed in WWII German militaria). He bought meat and paid cash though, so my dad put up with it. Dad even had this guy deliver and stack a chord of oak firewood to our house. This neo-nazi was part of a drug deal, as purchaser, but he killed the seller and kept both money and drugs. His partner in the crime later converted to Christianity, and with his pastor went to the cops and confessed everything. The neo-nazi got life, and his pard who confessed got 20 years. It was creepy to think about him being at our house, even briefly.

Archived