SASS Wire Forum

Have You Ever Known A Murderer

Yul Lose

Recently an acquaintance of mine and someone that I considered close killed his wife and then killed himself. Financial issues and other things drove him over the edge I guess, I can find no other explanation. Back in 1992 when I was in the hospital recovering from numerous spinal surgeries and a 2 month medically induced coma a man came into my hospital room and installed some kind of equipment on both sides of my hospital bed. I couldn’t talk because of a tracheotomy so didn’t know what was going on until a nurse came in and explained that those were range of motion machines that would move my arms and increase muscle strength and shoulder movement, I called them arm breakers because that’s what it felt like, anyway his name was David Westerfield and quite a few years later he was convicted of kidnapping and killing a young girl down in San Diego. I remember when they first showed him on TV I told  my wife who it was she didn’t believe me until she read his background, yep it was him. He got the death penalty. There’s a tool store in Escondido that carries a lot of wood working related tools and one day I was watching the morning news and there, on the screen is the manager of the store in a courtroom over in Vista. It seems he had a live in girlfriend or roommate and they were both heavily involved in drugs and she was murdered to shut her up or something. I believe he got a 50 year sentence for 2nd degree murder. 

So pards and pardetts do any of you know murderers? 

Yes I have.

When I went to college for a year I got addicted to foosball. Back in my home county a frequent foosball partner of mine went on to murder a woman. Didn't follow the story- was just too shocked by the whole thing.

Does voluntary manslaughter count?

Played a few games of pool with Claude Dallas at the Alvord Ranch during their centennial celebration in '71.
I was working at Whitehorse Ranch at the time.

5 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Does voluntary manslaughter count?

Played a few games of pool with Claude Dallas at the Alvord Ranch during their centennial celebration in '71.
I was working at Whitehorse Ranch at the time.

He was a murderer.

A good friend from high school killed his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend.

Too many suicides to count. 

Five friends murdered. Four in one house.

A couple in jail, some out now.

All young. 

I'd like to thank my wife for changing my direction while I was a young man. Love ya doll.

Sadly, yes I do. I have also, as an assistant prosecutor, met several, including one serial killer.

When I attended a junior college in my home town I worked part time for a lumber/building supply company, spent time in the office and delivering stuff.  Two of our customers were reputed mafia members.  One stood trial for murder and was acquitted because no witness could swear that he saw the bullet enter the victim’s body!

I was VERY courteous when delivering building supplies to these fellows.  

A friend from high school went off to Yale and got hooked on drugs. He got kicked out of college and came home to live with his elderly parents. After a while, they refused to fund his drug problem, so he killed both of them. He fled Maryland and was caught down in Florida.

I was a deputy sheriff, a corrections officer and a police officer for 25 years, so yeah, I have known LOTS of murderers. Arrested a few over the years too.

Several...both in my professional life and my personal life.  The most notable was one I arrested for DUI.  Six weeks later, he was paid by a minister through a middle man to kill the minister's wife.  He was executed by the State of Alabama in 2010.  John Forrest Parker

I knew one. His wife is my wife's best friend since childhood. One day her ex stopped in to say "Hi" after about ten years estranged. When her current husband of 9 years found out he drove from Connecticut to Florida and shot the guy at his front door. He committed suicide on the way back home when the troopers pulled him over. It's been another ten years and his wife has still not been able to get his firearms back from the local PD. They confiscated them when they came to inform her of his death.:(

Personally, a lot. Professionally with over 20 years as a homicide detective, worked around 1,600 of those. I remember the 1st one to the last one. 300 were children and yes was there for autopsy. First was an old Mexican man, the last one was a really close cop friend murdered in the line of duty.

My first thought was NO, but after thinking a little bit:

He wasn't a friend of mine. I was in school with his sister. He was in Demolay with my little brother. He robbed a motel one night, and took the desk clerk out in the swamp and shot him.

Not sure if this qualifies. The son, and the son-in-law, of a friend of mine decided to rip off a drug dealer. The dealer did not appreciate this, and killed the son-in-law. Since this was death in the commission of a felony, technically the son was a murderer, even though the drug dealer did the actual shooting.

And then there's a couple I know. He was drunk and stoned, and decided to shoot her. He missed. So I suppose he doesn't count.

Not to my knowledge. However, there was a weird kid I went to elementary school with. I still remember him and I don't remember all of the good peeps. :(

He looked gray. His hair, skin, and clothes were always gray. He was caught writing f-bombs on the walls.

If anyone grew up to be a murderer and if I were a gambler, I'd put my money on him.  Just thinking about him gives me the heebie jeebies. :o

Yes I do.

SOB killed murdered a good man back in '85 and he got out of jail, yup, not prison, at 21 years old. Time served.

Know a victim. Girl I went to high school with was the only survivor of a serial killer.  He’d killed a number of young women but shot my friend and left her for dead. Badly injured but she survived. Lovely girl. He ended up dying in prison after finally being convicted of one of his crimes.  Total scum based on his deeds but I never met him.  Hopefully he’s barking in Hell as Mattie Ross would say. 

Seamus

Three in 8th grade.  They were not nice folks. Five in first year high school.  I disliked all of them except one.  I thank God that I escaped that environment. 

STL Suomi

Yes. I friend in high school. After school he worked in construction and used to drink a lot. Beat a guy to death behind a bar.

Spent 20 + years in prison, died of a heart attack 20 years ago. Nice guy when he wasn't drinking, but that wasn't very often!

I went to high school with a guy that killed an intruder. He was in prison four 5 years because instead of calling the police he took the body to his grandparents farm and buried it. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:19 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I know a guy who killed himself!! 

It was in 1965, he and another guy I knew from high school, robbed a bartender after hours and got caught. He (Tom) did some time in prison and when he got out he put a bullet in his head!:o

On 7/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Not to my knowledge. However, there was a weird kid I went to elementary school with. I still remember him and I don't remember all of the good peeps. :(

He looked gray. His hair, skin, and clothes were always gray. He was caught writing f-bombs on the walls.

If anyone grew up to be a murderer and if I were a gambler, I'd put my money on him.  Just thinking about him gives me the heebie jeebies. :o

Or he grew up to hold elected office.

7 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Or he grew up to hold elected office.

#44.

The only murderer that I know was a guy that worked for my Dad. Long story short he went home from work and found his wife in bed with another man. Killed them both by impaling them with a post hole digger.

PHD69DB-2.gif

He went to prison in Pennsylvania for 21 years to life back in 1969 or thereabouts. 

His actions taught me a very very valuable lesson as an 8 year old kid. Never let the actions of a woman cause you to lose your freedom. 10 years later I was head over heels in love and then found out she was “fooling around” on me. I was furious. I hated her and I hated the guy she was fooling with. I remembered that guy from when I was a kid and walked away. To this day I cannot remember that guy’s name. Weird. 

I also knew a guy that shot himself. His wife drove him nuts. If you would have ever met her...and knew him, you would have been surprised that he took his own life and not hers. She was a weird, creepy, manipulative b****.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yes-Arrested many.........

Killed one, that tried to kill me.

Some of the ones I arrested where the cause of deadly DUI crashes.

OLG

Dang OLG, I done forgot all about me. Didn't consider that one.:(

Archived