SASS Wire Forum

Ponderings on the wire and elsewhere

Pards, I'm sorry in advance but I need to rant for a minute. I'm 41 but most of my friends are 65 or better. It's been that way my whole life. Part of the reason is I realized early on that I could learn a lot more from someone older than me. After all, they knew everything there was to know about being 20. I didn't know crap about being 65. Another reason is they didn't get bent out of shape when someone didn't agree with them. They knew opinions were like buttholes. Everybody has one.

I've seen a few posts on the wire and facebook, etc. They range from talk about our debates, and disagreeing with each other to the wire not being what it was. Each of them sorta rubbed me the wrong way.

There are people on the wire that I typically disagree with. Does this mean I get butthurt when they disagree with me or they get butthurt when I disagree with them? No. Does it mean I don't like that person? Not necessarily. Is it anyones' business if me and someone else disagree? Not unless you're on one side of the fence or the other. If you're not, don't tell us not to disagree. 

Ever notice how some people can make a post on the wire or FB and instantly get a lot of likes? It doesn't matter if they say the sky is blue; they will instantly get 20 likes regardless if the post was informative or useful at all. Seems like some of those people also get their feelbads hurt when someone disagrees with them. Men used to be men. What happened?

TN,

Listen up.   Life and disagreements have been in existence since Cain skull-thumped Able.

There will always be folks with differing views, particularly based on their personal experiences.

It don't make either view necessarily right vs. wrong, it just makes it different because experiences

are different.

The oddity of the disagreements, or atleast some of those I read on the wire, is that most of us

fail to understand that different experiences warrant different comments, conclusions, etc.....

and then turn it into a 'right or wrong' debate.

I try to stay away from telling (or even suggesting) that someone is wrong in their post.

But rather, I will normally just state some information 'based on my experience'.

I always hate to see good Wire Pards drop off the Wire because they feel frustrated for various

reasons.   But they should also understand that their experiences might not be exactly like

someone else experience and therefore, differing opinions will be obvious.

Don't let some of the small stuff get under your skin.

We got to much to be thankful for without worrying about differing opinions of the Wire.

For the most part, most of us still have some reasonably good health, although medicine and

constant doctor visits help..... :)

Most of us probably have healthy kids.   And those of us who are Vets made it back alive.  

Cheer up.   Besides, there ain't many of us get to practice with Randy St. Eagle every week.

..........Widder

20 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

If everyone agreed, no one would learn anything new.

Boring.

I 100% agree. Just wonder why people get their feelings hurt when someone doesn't view something the same as them. 

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Election day, I can't expand further.

um...yeah yu cud...but I wood git bigger pants first ifn' I wuz yu....:P

38 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Election day, I can't expand further.

Think you quoted the wrong year. But yeah, I hear ya. I seem to have more money in my pocket. That's another good subject for this thread. You may not like how he says something, but damned if it aint true.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Cheer up.   Besides, there ain't many of us get to practice with Randy St. Eagle every week.

..........Widder

I haven't been able to in a while myownself. There is that though.

6 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Think you quoted the wrong year. But yeah, I hear ya. I seem to have more money in my pocket. That's another good subject for this thread. You may not like how he says something, but damned if it aint true.

Yeah, wrong year. 

When it gets to this point I have started to ask myself WWWD and WWTW do and I always come up with the same answer....head to Dairy Queen. 

IIRC talkin about assholes and politics wasn’t allowed.:D.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Speaking of ice cream, I tried the new Caramel Cannonball Blizzard the other day and it is my new favorite.

Have you tried the dipped vanilla cone in that orange cicle type dip? Might possibly be my new favorite, I say possibly so as not to upset anyone and still have an out if someone wants to argue about it.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Have you tried the dipped vanilla cone in that orange cicle type dip? Might possibly be my new favorite, I say possibly so as not to upset anyone and still have an out if someone wants to argue about it.

Nope, not really into the dipped cones though. I've found the chocolate dipped one to be fairly inedible.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Nope, not really into the dipped cones though. I've found the chocolate dipped one to be fairly inedible.

I believe the orange one may be better.

49 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

IIRC talkin about assholes and politics wasn’t allowed.:D.

Ever notice how one usually brings out the other, in no particular order?

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

When it gets to this point I have started to ask myself WWWD and WWTW do and I always come up with the same answer....head to Dairy Queen. 

When in doubt, pig out! :lol:

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I 100% agree. Just wonder why people get their feelings hurt when someone doesn't view something the same as them. 

No one has ever come up with the answer to that, young Grasshopper. ;)

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

That's a right good answer. Just don't believe widder when it comes to the best flavor. He still gets blizzards. He aint gradiated to nanner splits yet.

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

That's a right good answer. Just don't believe widder when it comes to the best flavor. He still gets blizzards. He aint gradiated to nanner splits yet.

And here's where you and I disagree.

While don't mind a banner split once in a blue moon; they simply aren't better than any of the blizzards :P

Y’all ain’t had a Peanut Buster Parfait lately have you? 

6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Y’all ain’t had a Peanut Buster Parfait lately have you? 

TN is addicted to some Raspberry Concrete treat he gets at some place in Bucksnort.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Pards, I'm sorry in advance but I need to rant for a minute. I'm 41 but most of my friends are 65 or better. It's been that way my whole life. Part of the reason is I realized early on that I could learn a lot more from someone older than me. After all, they knew everything there was to know about being 20. I didn't know crap about being 65. Another reason is they didn't get bent out of shape when someone didn't agree with them. They knew opinions were like buttholes. Everybody has one.

I've seen a few posts on the wire and facebook, etc. They range from talk about our debates, and disagreeing with each other to the wire not being what it was. Each of them sorta rubbed me the wrong way.

There are people on the wire that I typically disagree with. Does this mean I get butthurt when they disagree with me or they get butthurt when I disagree with them? No. Does it mean I don't like that person? Not necessarily. Is it anyones' business if me and someone else disagree? Not unless you're on one side of the fence or the other. If you're not, don't tell us not to disagree. 

Ever notice how some people can make a post on the wire or FB and instantly get a lot of likes? It doesn't matter if they say the sky is blue; they will instantly get 20 likes regardless if the post was informative or useful at all. Seems like some of those people also get their feelbads hurt when someone disagrees with them. Men used to be men. What happened?

TW I hope yer not bemoaning the fact that you can only attract old friends. Think about it old friends can’t hurt you or get you into trouble. When’s the last time Widder or any of them other old guys have said “ Hey, TW, lets go rob a bank!!!” Or “Hey TW lets go knock off a drug kingpin and steal all of his money”! or “Hey, TW, lets go down to UT and pick up a bunch of college girls and party all night!” So you ought to be thankful that all of old guys have time for you young pups and we’ve got the experience and scars to keep you on the straight and narrow.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When in doubt, pig out! :lol:

Yer a Sage, UB.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

And here's where you and I disagree.

While don't mind a banner split once in a blue moon; they simply aren't better than any of the blizzards :P

Diggin’ yer Avatar, Tyrel. 

GIANT Thumbs Up! :D :FlagAm:

Archived