SASS Wire Forum

Been looking for one of these for a while now

Stopsign32v

Got off work early and decided to go looking for some local Ballistol today for some blackpowder shooting this Friday. I ran through a local well known gun shop that honestly has laughable prices on things. I asked if they carried Ballistol. "Ballistol?" is the response I got. Anyways I started looking at their used guns. Overpriced Glocks, XD, M&P, etc. They did have a $599 Trapdoor. I looked at it but the barrel was so pitted and the stock was in poor poor poor shape it wasn't even worth talking them down. So I browsed the other side of the store and saw a Spiller and Burr! I knew it right away! WOAH! I have literally been trying to find a decently priced one for a while now to no luck. I looked at the price tag $125! WHAT?! It was listed as just a black powder revolver and I know this gun shop is relatively savvy on what they have so this confused me. Turns out the box that it was sitting on top of had the description turn away. :D I calmly told the guy I'd like to look at it and I looked it over and pointed out the obvious rough shape and offered them $75 out the door. He went to go ask and came back $75 plus tax. I shrugged my shoulders and started looking again. He asked if I was going to pay cash and I said I was and he said they could do it. Here she is...

48182173971_2084c5043a_b.jpg

48182182001_1ac7a2983f_b.jpg

48182241366_a9f086044d_b.jpg

48182304092_0c8f21e6dd_b.jpg

Yep, you win the internet today! That's a great score. Congrats!

:D 

Very nice score! Date code BT is 2003 so well within the Pietta CNC machining era. IMO, that is good.

For $75 you stole it. The wood to metal fit is very good, especially for a Pietta.

I don't have much like for S&B guns but I sure as heck would have grabbed that one.

$75. That gun store had no clue to your advantage.

Regards,

Jim

Archived