SASS Wire Forum

Matt Black breaks World Record! 11.92

The World Record Stage set by Lead Dispencer about 10 years ago has been broken by Matt Black. Spencer laid down a very impressive 13.16 a record that has stood for many years. Matt black has the utmost respect for Spencer and he has been an inspiration throughout his shooting career. The target size and distance is what makes this stand and deliver stage a tough one to surpass. Matt Black was successful and set the new record at 11.92. He did this not long before he won Overall at EOT this year. 

I have been reluctant to post on here due to the wire being a hostile environment at times however I know there are some folks out there who would like to see this accomplishment. I hope the moderators will keep an eye on this post as I don’t want any issues with it. Please be kind or say nothing at all  

thank you

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Matt Black.  World Record Stage, 4th Overall World Champion, and 6 fastest stages at 2019 EOT.  It was fun seeing you again!!!  You too Colt.

Amazing and amazingly smooth. Nicely done young man.

I was lucky enough to posse with Matt and Colt this year at EOT.  Not only is Matt fast, but he is so smooth and super accurate. He was hitting every target in the center every time. That being said the thing that impressed me the most was how helpful he was. On every stage he would not only explain how he felt the best way to shoot the stage and why. It was a pleasure spending three days with him and Colt. This young man can accomplish anything he sets his mind to. Great job Matt, you are a true champion!

8 minutes ago, beaver john said:

I was lucky enough to posse with Matt and Colt this year at EOT.  Not only is Matt fast, but he is so smooth and super accurate. He was hitting every target in the center every time. That being said the thing that impressed me the most was how helpful he was. On every stage he would not only explain how he felt the best way to shoot the stage and why. It was a pleasure spending three days with him and Colt. This young man can accomplish anything he sets his mind to. Great job Matt, you are a true champion!

It was an absolute pleasure shooting with you John and I look forward to the next time. Thank you for the kind words. 

14 minutes ago, Kirk James said:

Congratulations to Matt Black.  World Record Stage, 4th Overall World Champion, and 6 fastest stages at 2019 EOT.  It was fun seeing you again!!!  You too Colt.

Thank you Greg! We will be seeing you at Winter Range if not sooner. 

Excellent.....thanks for post Colt

Congratulations MATT.    Great run.

COLT:  thanks for posting.   Don't fret the Nay-Sayers.   They have to live with theyowndangself

and it bothers them when WE don't pay any attention to them.  Good video.

..........Widder

27 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Congratulations MATT.    Great run.

COLT:  thanks for posting.   Don't fret the Nay-Sayers.   They have to live with theyowndangself

and it bothers them when WE don't pay any attention to them.  Good video.

..........Widder

Thank you Widder. We appreciate you very much my friend. 

4 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Colt-your are the father of a BORG. :lol:

That video should be used to show what smooth transitions really is........-_-

OLG 

I wish some of it would rub off on me. Lol 

2 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Well I'm not going to be as nice as the others.

( Is that all u got ) lol

The scary thing it probably isn’t all he has. Lol. Hope to see you soon Phil. 

11 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Bet he can't do the leather work you do. ;)

OLG

That’s for sure! I have him beat in that department lol. I just built him a new rig. He’s shot the same one for over 9 years now.  Here is his new that he hasn’t used yet. It has a crocodile inlay. 

E6F44053-3DC2-4509-9677-8F9DB9430778.jpeg

DF19567C-AEFC-46F1-B79D-A22D5F32B38A.jpeg

FEDBEA29-D1C1-4C88-9D7D-B76E6FCDF081.jpeg

Great job, Dylan. Didn’t I call it at EOT, Colt? Amazing competitor.

54 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

That’s for sure! I have him beat in that department lol. I just built him a new rig. He’s shot the same one for over 9 years now.  Here is his new that he hasn’t used yet. It has a crocodile inlay. 

E6F44053-3DC2-4509-9677-8F9DB9430778.jpeg

DF19567C-AEFC-46F1-B79D-A22D5F32B38A.jpeg

FEDBEA29-D1C1-4C88-9D7D-B76E6FCDF081.jpeg

You're spoil'n that kid.......:lol:

May I ask-How many hours you put into that whole setup?

NICE:excl:

OLG

Congratulations, nothing surprises me about  this young man. I can remember when he started a lonnnnnngggg time ago. I am Totally impressed every time I watch him shoot. You did a super job raising him. Congratulations to both of you.

Archived