SASS Wire Forum

Matt Black breaks World Record! 11.92

On 7/2/2019 at 7:26 AM, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

And that’s the reason Dylan wanted to shoot this stage to see how he would stack up to the way things used to be. Dylan was around pretty early on and remembers as well as appreciates how the targets and scenarios used to be. He was pretty young back then so he wasn’t as competitive because of his age, experience and size at the time. He’s always had much respect for how it used to be. He never wanted to be a one trick pony and just be able to big and close. In fact he doesn’t really like shooting stages like that these days. He enjoys the challenge of further stages with more movement as well as ones you have to use your head on. He really hates a stand and deliver big and close speed stage like the one I posted above. Often on practice days  he will shoot the rifle targets with his pistols just for fun.  Lol

Pretty much demonstrates that a real good shooter is a real good shooter.  Target type, distance, size don't matter.   I enjoy Dylan's respect for our CAS history, and the breadth of his unique ability.   Liking challenges is a characteristic of a successful person.  Thanks again for sharing this info.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stage speaks for itself! Matt is an unbelievable shooter & the best there is. As a bonus, he's a gracious young man who is a pleasure to have on your posse. He picks up brass, times, spots, whatever. What an unusual young man & what an unusual shooter. Not likely to see the talent again for many, many years, & a very humble, gracious young man to boot! His dad's quite a precious find also!

12 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Reminds me of the saying: The happiest people are the people I don't know well.

;)

The happiest people I know are the EX's of my Ex.............. :lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The happiest people I know are the EX's of my Ex.............. :lol:

..........Widder

Ha!!

Yeah...them too! :lol:

Another similarity are the facades that people manufacture via the Social Media world...coupled with the couple hours on the range...and just like your EX's, you think they are wonderful!!!!!!!

Oops...then you find out the truth:o

Archived