SASS Wire Forum

Special thanks to Deuce and Carty for the shotgun class.

Kirk James

If you get a chance to attend the shooting school these two put on; do it.  I greatly appreciate them giving up tips to elevate our game.  I can tell you dry fire practice started Tuesday.  I especially appreciated the shucking technique.  They spent time with us after and Carty showed me his technique  in loading through the gate on rifle.  I can tell already this will help my game.   Just hope I can get the hang of closing the lever!!!!!   Old Short Tom suggested this to me several years ago.  As SASS Kicker use to say, "nice ten second reload Dad".  Wait till I shoot with her again.  Of course I hope I will not have to reload my rifle.  

Took the class.  They cover a lot of ground but not too much to take in. They leave enough time for each student to live fire with instruction. They enforce the importance of dry fire. May go back again just for review.  Never know what you pick up or what you've forgotten. 

I saw Cobra Cat walking away from a S/G class at WR years ago and I asked him how the class went, thinking he was an instructor.  When he told me he was a student I was floored!  But what he said was most important - "you can always pick up tips to up your game."

Take the class. You won't regret it. Oh.  And you get a groovy SASS University pin! :)  

Archived