SASS Wire Forum

Is there a LOST and FOUND for post-EOT?

Must have lost my badge when changing shirts at my truck after awards.

Also did not place long shackle lock on trailer latch before leaving so lock is somewhere around where our little two-wheel trailer sit.  Yep, drove of with latch not secured on ball....thought about it about 30 miles down Interstate. (God still watching over me and the ignorant things I sometimes do.)

BTW, truck and trailer was parked at south edge of big cedar behind ice cream vendor. 

Billy - I'll look for a lock on the ground by the ice cream station or on the main road (I'm going out to the ranch in a few minutes...)

Badge?   Might call the office staff on Monday, but I'd expect something like that was tossed in trash can during grounds cleanup.  Ask them Monday too about the lock if I don't find it.

Good luck, GJ

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Must have lost my badge when changing shirts at my truck after awards.

Also did not place long shackle lock on trailer latch before leaving so lock is somewhere around where our little two-wheel trailer sit.  Yep, drove of with latch not secured on ball....thought about it about 30 miles down Interstate. (God still watching over me and the ignorant things I sometimes do.)

BTW, truck and trailer was parked at south edge of big cedar behind ice cream vendor. 

Just went down and made a couple passes around the tree in that area.  Didn't find either badge or lock.  We did range wide trash pickup yesterday and would not have thrown either away if we'd found them.  Will continue to keep an eye out and let other folks know it might be out there.

Just saw Garrison head down, maybe he has sharper eyes than me.

Thanks guys.

I got distracted while hooking up trailer and did not put lock (nor secure latch to ball) on.  Tongue of trailer would have been only about 20 steps from bank of the "creek"on vendor parking side with just enough room in front of tongue for a vehicle to pass between it, bush, and creek bank).  In fact vendors drain hose was just right of my truck and trailer (should be a wet spot where their hose leaked--that is about where back of truck was and trailer was in front of truck).  Wild Shot took a look also so just must not be around.  I perhaps set lock on bumper and it rode a ways before falling off, but I thought I laid in on ground just before I was to push latch secure to ball.   Fortunate that trailer did not bounce off but loaded down with to many guns, hats, boots, cart, etc holding it on ball.

Possible that I lost badge between awards tent and truck.  I had my hands full :).  Will miss that badge, it was my 20th EOT badge.  I will check with office.

Thanks for investigating.  

36 minutes ago, Shotgun Clay said:

Just went down and made a couple passes around the tree in that area.  Didn't find either badge or lock.  We did range wide trash pickup yesterday and would not have thrown either away if we'd found them.  Will continue to keep an eye out and let other folks know it might be out there.

Just saw Garrison head down, maybe he has sharper eyes than me.

Why would you throw a 'badge' away? :huh:

The lock, I can see why-But a badge.........:(

Respectfully,

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Why would you throw a 'badge' away? :huh:

The lock, I can see why-But a badge.........:(

Respectfully,

OLG

We find lost items on the range from time to time.  Don't throw away anything that is not clearly trash.  Have a box of stuff up here at the shotgun range.

Billy -

Per above, yes, I tromped the area you talked about.  Neither item found, just a couple of pieces of obvious trash.   Also, the lost and found box at the shotgun range didn't have either one, per my talk with Shotgun Clay.

My EOT badge came unpinned during the WB match.  Someone found it on the path from camping to town, and turned it in at Registration before I had a chance to walk back when I noticed it had fallen off.  Thanks!  Most lost stuff turns up.   At the end of the match, probably less turns up.   But, check the office staff next week, and hope someone did find your items.

Good luck, GJ

SC & GJ,

Found my shooter's badge, along with PM badge and suspenders in my boots I had wore to awards.

Thanks again for looking.

bb

So up at the gate on Wednesday someone asked about Lost and Found at EOT and I told them where I thought it was. Well they had found this wood and leather loading strip on one of the bays and a name was tooled on it and it just happened to be a pard that frequented matches out here so I offered to get it to him. About four cars later here the owner of the loading strip comes going back to his motel for the day, so I stopped him and gave him back his loading strip, he didn’t even know he had lost it. 

19 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

So, did you look for the lock in the pants you wore to Award Ceremony?  :lol:

:P

Archived