SASS Wire Forum

Good Grief...

Good grief.

So I have a Ruger GP100 with a six inch barrel.  Beast of a handgun and quite cool.  Bought it used years ago; no case.

Thinking it'd be nice to have a proper case for the beastie, I went to Ruger's website to see if they sell 'em.  They do!  Sweet!!  I'll get myself one!  :lol:

Then I read the product description:

Detailed Description
clear.gif
Large, high impact plastic case for all revolvers with barrel lengths 6 1/2" to 7 1/2". Grip area accommodates a Hogue grip.
Genuine Ruger® Factory Accessory

This product is not currently available for sale to California customers due to requirements associated with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65*).

Aarrgghh...!!   doh!.gif

But that's okay.  It may require a bit of "civil disobedience," but I will have one.  raised-eyebrow.gif

Note:  NOT blaming Ruger.

*For any unfamiliar, California Prop 65 is a law requiring that any product containing any substance that could cause cancer must be labeled accordingly... from pesticides to coffee mugs to shampoo to truck transmissions.  And many food products!  silly.gif

prop-65-warning-label-feature.jpg.83eb1e6a1764cba7f2a5f7c92d42e3bb.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Good grief.

So I have a Ruger GP100 with a six inch barrel.  Beast of a handgun and quite cool.  Bought it used years ago; no case.

Thinking it'd be nice to have a proper case for the beastie, I went to Ruger's website to see if they sell 'em.  They do!  Sweet!!  I'll get myself one!  :lol:

Then I read the product description:

Aarrgghh...!!   doh!.gif

But that's okay.  It may require a bit of "civil disobedience," but I will have one.  raised-eyebrow.gif

Note:  NOT blaming Ruger.

*For any unfamiliar, California Prop 65 is a law requiring that any product containing any substance that could cause cancer must be labeled accordingly... from pesticides to coffee mugs to shampoo to truck transmissions.  And many food products!  silly.gif

prop-65-warning-label-feature.jpg.83eb1e6a1764cba7f2a5f7c92d42e3bb.jpg

Hardpan,

But, you should feel good living in such a clean, sanitized, protective, holistic environment. Do you?

3 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Honestly, is there anything left in California that is not illegal and is still worth having?

Friends.  For now.  -_-

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Honestly, is there anything left in California that is not illegal and is still worth having?

Pretty sure that Great White Sharks, Sea Lions, Seals and Liberals are still legal...... So....no.

Consider yourself saved. That was a close one!

I came across this on another site's Prop 65 discussion....  :mellow:

We were at a conference about this and asked a lawyer from CA why it was necessary to comply when we make industrial instrumentation and the only way someone could be exposed to enough of the chemical used as a flame retardant in our plastic parts was to lick the case of our instrument for 4+ hours a day for several years.

With a completely straight face he told us it was to protect any citizen that might actually lick our instrument for 4+ hours a day for years....

So there ya have it!   :wacko:

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Cap'n Hugh, please don' bug me while I'm meditatin'....  :lol:

dog-meditation-cartoon-character-meditating-vector-73128359.thumb.jpg.f7d38167d20c321670f140cb3534386e.jpg

Ooooohm! Namaste

17 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Go ahead and buy it then ship to me and I will send it to you  seriously I will 

Me too!!! I'd like to take part in some civil disobedience!

On 6/28/2019 at 4:22 PM, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Hardpan,

But, you should feel good living in such a clean, sanitized, protective, holistic environment. Do you?

And we pay for it every single day….Day in and day out…

Texas Lizard

People that sell stuff put it in bags with the label on in so you don’t miss anything.  California has bounty hunters that can collect if they find people not following law.  

If everything has a label...no one really know what is it isn’t harmful but California isn’t worried about that.

On June 28, 2019 at 8:01 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've seen that Prop. 65 warning on micrometers, stainless steel, end mills, hack saw blades, hammers, nails, and other hardware.

I received a shipment of solid steel brackets the other day with the prop. 65 label on them.  The ONLY thing that I can find that might fit the label is the label itself!!:wacko:  

Oh! WAIT! Maybe it was the UPS label!!:rolleyes: :lol:

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I wonder how many nails were fed to white mice to draw that conclusion.

None.  PETA is quite active in California.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:23 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I came across this on another site's Prop 65 discussion....  :mellow:

So there ya have it!   :wacko:

That's just proof that stupidity can't be legislated, but it can be litigated.

Archived