SASS Wire Forum

45 minutes to respond to a shooting

Trigger Mike

14 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I will add about the kimber that I'm trying to find a good way to carry it as the tuckable inside the pants holster keeps moving around and makes my pants fall down by the end of an active day. 

There are a lot of manufacturers of good secure IWB holsters. Don’t worry about price. Never carry in a holster that’s cheap and not secure. Your ass is worth it.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Muley Gil. Your advice while well meant could get someone into serious trouble. You live in Virginia according to your profile and in Virginia your take on Deadly Force may be correct.  That does not make it legal and lawful in every state in the USA. .  This event that Trigger Mike is talking about in Georgia. Every state has their own laws about use of force. You CAN NOT make blanket statements such as you did that are LEGAL and CORRECT.   Many states allow cities and counties to make their own laws about use of deadly force.  

Well, I said "Generally" and I ended with "Know the laws NOW before you act." I guess I should have said "Know the laws IN YOUR STATE  before you act"

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:04 PM, Trigger Mike said:

I will add about the kimber that I'm trying to find a good way to carry it as the tuckable inside the pants holster keeps moving around and makes my pants fall down by the end of an active day. 

You need a good, stout, gun belt Trigger Mike.  Something made out of thick bull hide, or one of the "instructors" belts.  That's a heavy gun you're toting around, and a run of the mill leather Walmart belt ain't gonna cut it.

yes.  I wear a belt made from elephant skin that I got from Wilson Combat.  That touchable holster that I got from Bass Pro for the kimber is real flimsy and flexes on itself sometimes.  a good stiff holster is what is needed.  

I went back to the 1911 today in a Wilson holster.  Sometimes the Sig 938 does really well too.  depends on where I am going that day.

I'm getting ready to go take my sons shooting some more, shortly.  My 9 year old loves a glock and a 1911 so we need to help him settle his confusion.  :-)  just kidding, he is fine.

Archived